Warehouse 3001XX (Levis 211) Jacket

trinket

Edit: sorry, found the prx on your website's link: 18,800 yen.

Yes, it's about the same price as a pair of Eternal 811s. I got the size 40, which is probably a skinny medium.

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=item&ic=132

The shipping costs were rather high - might've been cheaper if they didn't include the book.

what made you decide to purchase it?.

I decided to get it because I don't think anyone else makes a selvedge half-button jacket.

Nice jacket. Love your whole website and your pictures.

I also got a denim jacket a while ago; http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2006/07/fbj-101.html

Why Levi's dont take cues from or outsource to Japanese brands? I believe the whole company is mismanaged and in a downwards spiral. Weren't they in really deep trouble some time ago?

Anyway, Levi's lost it a loooong time ago, and I won't support a company that doesn't care/know what the customer wants. They don't have a clue about anything.

Nice jacket. Love your whole website and your pictures.

I also got a denim jacket a while ago; http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2006/07/fbj-101.html

Why Levi's dont take cues from or outsource to Japanese brands? I believe the whole company is mismanaged and in a downwards spiral. Weren't they in really deep trouble some time ago?

Anyway, Levi's lost it a loooong time ago, and I won't support a company that doesn't care/know what the customer wants. They don't have a clue about anything.

HJJ, that jacket looks great. I'm thinking about converting my site to a more blog style (like yours) - it seems like it would be easier for doing updates.

I can't wait for you to post some pictures of your black samurais!

Yeah, I chose the blog format because it's very easy to set up and work with and the bandwidth is free. I also hate html so I'm not going to make my own design ever.

I think that your site is very good. The only way you could improve it is if you add the possibility to comment imo. That was also a reason why I got a blog.

Pics will come around the 10th of august!

does warehouse official webstore ship internationally?

The warehouse webstore doesn't ship internationally, but I contacted them directly. The shipping was rather expensive. Their English wasn't great, so rather than creating confusion - I took the shipping that they offered. Payment was international transfer.

Often their replies would take a week or two. At one point I thought they decided to delete my order when Australia beat Japan in the World Cup... but they eventually got back to me. :)

The warehouse webstore doesn't ship internationally, but I contacted them directly. The shipping was rather expensive. Their English wasn't great, so rather than creating confusion - I took the shipping that they offered. Payment was international transfer.

Often their replies would take a week or two. At one point I thought they decided to delete my order when Australia beat Japan in the World Cup... but they eventually got back to me. :)

so after shipping and international transfer fee etc, does it still come up cheaper than what you'd pay had you gone through a commission service?

so after shipping and international transfer fee etc, does it still come up cheaper than what you'd pay had you gone through a commission service?

I didn't compare prices.

Shipping & charges totalled about 7,500 yen. + your bank charges on international transfer + bank's conversion rate. Shipping was fast EMS.

How does that cost compare to a commission service?

This is a totally SICK jacket!!!!!! See, only the japanese companies would reproduce shit like this. Levi's and LVC would NEVER touch reproducing this style garment. With all the lvc vs. japanese repro debates going on, this adds a little bit to the dicussion I think.

trinket you mentioned on your site the denim's 11oz, how heavy does it feel? is the denim woven tight like new standard denim, or does it feel more like a polo?

The denim is very nice. It's tight and dark - similar to 45rpm sorahiko I guess.

EDIT: I just read that the denim is the same as the Warehouse 10th Anniversary 1004XX jeans - they are listed as 13.76oz.

There is another thread on SF (airfrogusmc posts in http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13330) talking about old denim not being that slubby, but from the pics of the original Levis jacket the denim was quite slubby in 1910.

088_03.jpg