Studio D'Artisan sd-201 shink???

partytaco

I just got my Studio D'Artisan sd-201 in a size 30 and they are HUGE on me (I've always bought 29's but they have been seeming snug lately). Are these going to shrink in the waist, thighs? Are they sanforized?They are not XX denim so I don't know why they would but I thought I remember somebody saying they will shrink 2" in the waist.

they measure in at 31" but if they are sanforized they should only shrink about an 1" which would be fine in the waist but the thighs (i do have slim legs I will admit) are way too baggy on me. I knew they weren't slim fit but neither are my Sorahikos and they fit nice and tight in the thighs. I'll probably be selling these. I'm thinking $200 shipped which is $20 less than paid.

i know they will only shrink about an inch in the waist but is the shrinkage the same for the thigh and legs? I guess I don't understand how sanforization works. they have a 37 inch inseam. i would imagine a couple few inches of that must come off in the wash.

last time I listen to Roland.

All I said was that it looks dumb when you size down in sd-101s and if you want a tight jean, don't buy a regular/loose one.

my 2¢

If I was to actually advise you on what jean to buy, I would have told you to get the SD-1237 instead of the SD-201s and easily get the SD-101s instead of the 201s. I would have also told you to go to Blue in Green and look at the Samurai 500xx, Duckdigger 1950s, and the PBJ xx-003 (if they have it).

actually, the only ones that are sanforized are the 20X's.

Oops, haha.

Looking at the page, it looks like the 3XX are also sanforized, but they are a one wash so it doesn't really make a difference.

So...

1XX = unsanforized

2XX = sanforized

3XX = one wash

That sound right?