Junya Watanabe x Brooks Brothers SS09 Reversible Blazer

tween_spirit

You guys know this one; this blazer is absolutely out of control. Size Small, it’s been worn maybe 4 or 5 times at most and it’s in perfect condition. Will be shipped with the packet of extra fabric and matching buttons of all kinds. Asking $700 shipped.

Some shots of it both ways from the runway:

7hq3c.jpg

6RdOP.jpg

Since there is so much to say about this jacket I’m going to copy someone else’s write-up on it. If this isn’t ok let me know and I’ll rewrite it myself, but I would just be saying the same thing. One thing the below doesn’t mention is that it works as a classic 3-roll-2 with the blue side out, and as a normal 3 button with a higher stance with the gingham side out.

A classic-cut three-button Brooks Brothers sack blazer as re-imagined by JUNYA WATANABE COMME des GARÇONS MAN for their Spring — Summer 2009 season Travel collection. This unique blazer / jacket was crafted by re-working an existing Brooks Brothers sack blazer originally sewn of premium quality navy wool fabric into a fully reversible slim-cut single-vent blazer with red Gingham check lining.

An original Brooks Brother canvassed sack blazer characterized by a more relaxed, undarted silhouette has provided plenty of room for customization allowing for the shape of the blazer to be completely re-designed. The blazer was shortened and made to fit closer to the body through a clever use of darts, and patch pockets were applied in place of an original besom chest pocket and high-quality side pockets, but most importantly a red and white Gingham check cotton lining was added which mimics the cut of the navy wool front completely.

The lining is visible at the lapels and sleeves. Two different sets of buttons are used on the two sides of the jacket — original Brooks Brothers-branded brass buttons made in Connecticut, USA by Waterbury Buttons company, a manufacturer of premium stamped brass buttons since 1812 on the front and white custom-made mother-of-pearl buttons on the Gingham-check inner side. Original button holes are left in place but stitched-over in a zigzag pattern instead. Many seams are finished by hand.

The blazer carries dual branding — a blue JUNYA WATANABE COMME des GARÇONS MAN label alongside the original navy Brooks Brothers label with the Golden Fleece logo and the Brooks Brothers established 1818 wording embroidered in gold.

Fabric composition: 100% wool, attached fabric is 100% cotton.

Actual measurements are as follows: Armpit to armpit approx. 19 inches/48 cm, total length (shoulder seam to bottom) 28 inches/71 cm, shoulder (shoulder seam to shoulder seam) 16 1/2 inches/42 cm, inside sleeve 17 inches/43 cm, outside sleeve 25 inches/63.5 cm.

Made in Japan.

qO9mZ.jpg

3IyVF.jpg

S0gHn.jpg

U8ITB.jpg

6NWtL.jpg

gFVMW.jpg

L7BUp.jpg

GBn1A.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...