Grooming products

Hi people. I'm just wondering, what are the grooming products (aftershave, cleanser, toner etc) that you guys use? i'm writing a business plan on a male grooming parlour and i need to know what are the brands that are popular with 18-40 yr old meterosexuals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Airjamie

[you need to calm the fuck down.]

Now that my rant is over,; I use this master work of the modern shaving art: Vision%20-ALT1%20-%20Med.gif . For hair I usually use hermes shampoo and johnathon dirt to sculpt.

since i feel chatty:

i use a shick intuition razor and water to shave.

as for shampoo and such, i use exclusively philosophy and head and shoulders.

but i'm a gal.

the man in my life uses head and shoulders shampoo, mach4 razor, and whatever shave lotion i pick up in the market. sometimes uses my pear scented lotion.

he's not your demo either. he's a guy, not a metro.

^^ Anthony isn't really "cheap" and imo is extremely overrated.

I shave with a Merkur DE, use shave cream from Truefitt & Hill, and Geo F. Trumper; I also use a silvertip badger brush. I have colognes by everyone from Bond No. 9 to Hugh Parsons.

For soap, I use good ol' Irish Spring, and have just ordered some new Nancy Boy soaps. I use Baxter of California face wash.......as for shampoo, whatever is around.

If you want decent recommendations on grooming (although mostly shaving) products try the Shavemyface or Badgerandblade forums........

Hair: Redken 'go clean' + 'finish up'

Skin: Dr. Hauschka 'cleasing milk' + 'facial lotion' / 'facial oil'

Sebamed 'day-/nightcreme' + 'Soapfree cleaning emulsion'

Biodermal 'Body scrub"

Weleda 'shaving creme' + 'aftershave'

Mach 3

Guest Airjamie
hair: bumble & bumble

man hermes shampoo, im not really feeling their scents, i hope their shampoos dont smell like their colognes.

I agree with you on most of the cologne, but they have a collection of skin/haircare stuff that smells like orange blossoms and is actually quite nice. I first got it in the room of a hotel in which I was staying..............although the name completely escapes me.

England/Eastcoast.........how are you liking your merkurs?

England/Eastcoast.........how are you liking your merkurs?

STILL cutting the shit out of my face, although I am getting better. If you mess up with this thing it looks like you killed yourself, I am not even joking. Imagine like 30 tiny holes in your face, each oozing copious amounts of blood; Definitely not sure if I am going to stick with it.....other than the 'manly' factor and the fact that it is very cheap to buy blades, I don't notice enough of a difference between my Merkur DE and my Schick Quattro......I have been told I need to try a different brand of blades in an effort to get a 'safer' shave; apparently if you have sensitive skin, the Ultra-sharp Merkur blades are too much. I just ordered some feathers off of badgerandblade.

Guest Airjamie
STILL cutting the shit out of my face, although I am getting better. If you mess up with this thing it looks like you killed yourself, I am not even joking. Imagine like 30 tiny holes in your face, each oozing copious amounts of blood; Definitely not sure if I am going to stick with it.....other than the 'manly' factor and the fact that it is very cheap to buy blades, I don't notice enough of a difference between my Merkur DE and my Schick Quattro......I have been told I need to try a different brand of blades in an effort to get a 'safer' shave; apparently if you have sensitive skin, the Ultra-sharp Merkur blades are too much. I just ordered some feathers off of badgerandblade.

Hmm......have you tried readjusting the blade angle? I know on my vision theres a little wheel that clicks into different ones but i think the vintage styles require you to tweak the acctual blade holding mechanism. Anyway, I found that as soon as I got a proper blade angle it shaved as safely as a disposable but the closest Ive ever had.

Hmm......have you tried readjusting the blade angle? I know on my vision theres a little wheel that clicks into different ones but i think the vintage styles require you to tweak the acctual blade holding mechanism. Anyway, I found that as soon as I got a proper blade angle it shaved as safely as a disposable but the closest Ive ever had.

Unfortunately, mine is not the adjustable kind....I read on badgerandblade that many others have had similar experiences when starting; you just have to find the precise angle/speed you can shave at, which can be slightly different for each person I suppose.

i hope this is a school project or something OP, "writing a business plan" w/o knowing anything about your business is foolish. u can just head over to groominglounge.com and rip off their idea, sounds like that's what you're doing anyway

that said, i started using this new stuff called Barc recently, supposed to help razor burn/bumps/etc for "skin of color". good results so far - anyone else tried it?

i hope this is a school project or something OP, "writing a business plan" w/o knowing anything about your business is foolish. u can just head over to groominglounge.com and rip off their idea, sounds like that's what you're doing anyway

that said, i started using this new stuff called Barc recently, supposed to help razor burn/bumps/etc for "skin of color". good results so far - anyone else tried it?

this is a school project mate. as a matter of fact, such grooming parlours are not that huge over here in my country, so we reckon we might as well go with this idea.

Got kitted up from "The art of shaving" this past christmas, and I would agree that the angle and blade sharpnessa are key. The badger brush does wonders though, even on days when I'm in a rush and gotta rock the Mach. And england, I'm sure you already know this, but the before and after care is key in avoiding the " I just visited the walk in meat tenderizer look" that I've definately rocked before. Haven't used mine in a while though cause it's a straight, and I need the strop balm to sharpen it up.

• 2 months later...

england michael jackson

curious to see how you are getting on w/ wet shaving. seems you were not sure if you would keep at it. may be interested in your gear if you've given up.

i've been looking at the badger/blade forum (their manners are astonishing!); getting an idea of what i want to get, but i fear that after spending $100+ on shaving gear, i'm not going to stick w/ it. mind you, i only shave once a week--------asian genes.

also, eastcoastrider, you never followed up how it went for you. are you permanently disfigured?

thanks all.

i love you!

tut-tut.

tia

• 1 year later...
STILL cutting the shit out of my face, although I am getting better. If you mess up with this thing it looks like you killed yourself, I am not even joking. Imagine like 30 tiny holes in your face, each oozing copious amounts of blood;

There is a trick to it: don't let blade be the first thing that touches your face. Once you get the angle down you'll never have problems again. It will be like riding a bike or driving a car. It will be so easy you'll have a hard time remembering the problems you had learning.