Samurai Element Contest/evolution!

laxlife1234

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep this thread alive I took a few more evo pics... I probably only wore these another week since the last evo pictures, just that school limits what you can wear....

6287509388_05135e2cd9_z.jpg

6286992179_05fa99e68b_z.jpg

6287527868_411c8a6f6c_z.jpg[/url]

6287004593_6810b345f2_z.jpg[/url]

And a 100% crop from the photo above.

6287522488_99602498e0_z.jpg[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

666OD*, well.... I wear my od almost all the time or as often as i'm able to. these don't get that much wear though, maybe once or twice every other week? I wore them a ton in August though which accounts for a ton of their wear. If I go hiking though I always wear them as they are the loosest most comfortable, most protective pair of jeans I have at the moment and I don't mind getting them dirty.

Ok, I gave these a soak today. I tried shrinking them down even more so I also put them in the dryer (no hate), even though I really don't care... but here is before:

6341091038_279ac6be52_z.jpg

6340342271_4e35ae0624_z.jpg

During:

6340342783_c3daa52854_z.jpg

And I will have some post pictures once they are finished drying. I did put them in the dryer but they still are a bit damp and I want them to not be damp at all. it's a shame though these are definitely going to have to go in for an alteration as they are WAY too wide for my liking not to mention they still need to have a finished hem.

Doesn't matter, if you want in let me know. You don't really even need to post updates as it isn't a contest. But feel free to contribute! And what model are they?

As for mine even after washing them I'm still not loving the way they fit..

• 2 weeks later...

Lax was still having issues with fit so to cut a long story short, now I own his jeans and am taking his place in the comp.

Sized down 3 so the fit is very different on me than Lax. Here is fit pics for the first day worn by myself :

6391015523_48d6f9c4f1_z.jpg6391034857_b1945fce54_z.jpg

fantastic progress! and of course I'm sure whoever it was that neg-rep-ed meant to do the opposite. Damn new sufu...

Anyways, I am a loooong way off behind you with my pair but today in the sunlight I did try to capture the parts of the electric blue coming out.

Elementselectricblue.jpg

This is one of my favorite steps in the fading process when the dark dark color of the indigo is still there but some bright blue is just starting to peak out. I especially love these Elements, the Earth one because of the rich darkness that the maroon-ish coloring adds to the blue indigo. I know I'm obviously biased but I truly feel Earth is the best of the Elements jeans because it's a nice color combo.

Edited by shinobi2000

fantastic progress! and of course I'm sure whoever it was that neg-rep-ed meant to do the opposite. Damn new sufu...

Anyways, I am a loooong way off behind you with my pair but today in the sunlight I did try to capture the parts of the electric blue coming out.

Elementselectricblue.jpg

This is one of my favorite steps in the fading process when the dark dark color of the indigo is still there but some bright blue is just starting to peak out. I especially love these Elements, the Earth one because of the rich darkness that the maroon-ish coloring adds to the blue indigo. I know I'm obviously biased but I truly feel Earth is the best of the Elements jeans because it's a nice color combo.

Oh shit someone's going to win this ;)

@laxlife

lax, how's the fit after another soak and dryer bro? the hipflare on my water element kind of bothering me :mad:

Was still way too big for me :(. It was better but still too baggy for me to wear.

Lax was still having issues with fit so to cut a long story short, now I own his jeans and am taking his place in the comp.

Sized down 3 so the fit is very different on me than Lax. Here is fit pics for the first day worn by myself :

6391015523_48d6f9c4f1_z.jpg6391034857_b1945fce54_z.jpg

They're looking amazing Dave! Wear them the fuck in :)! (this is a good thing, so don't take offense to it)!

oh no! a mighty one has fallen!! do a good job with them dave :-)

I'm sorry guys! The fit really was bothering me. Not to mention they weren't really being worn. I really wish I could have owned them long enough to fade them since the earth models IMO provide the sickest fades!

I'm sorry guys! The fit really was bothering me. Not to mention they weren't really being worn. I really wish I could have owned them long enough to fade them since the earth models IMO provide the sickest fades!

Sigh... I guess since you're wearing them you know best but from all the pics above, they look like they were fitting you just perfect! You had them cuffed all the time right? Maybe you or Dave can answer this -- do you guys notice that the inside dye is also fading at the stress points?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...