Helmut Lang Spring–Summer 2001

cotonblanc

agreed except I am the type of person to find cow prints hilarious and bubbly like in this collection. Helps add a quick moment that captures your attention once everything flows the same.

The textured suit pants are my favorite though.

cow prints were strangely popular with many rtw collections around this time. this, balenciaga ss01, and ford's 01 gucci were some of 00-05's best cast shows. selfishly, amanda moore always has a special place in my heart. this collection was deftly prescient in regards to the slut/skin trends of 03-04. thanks again, rqf. kirsten and stephanie are a most excellent way to close an evening.

desi, the braille leather dresses would've made you slap yer moms.

that is quite a disastrous trend, cow prints! who would have thought?!

the perforated leather pieces came in two-shape cut-outs, mainly circular and triangular. i have a sling bag from this season that is shaped like a lunch box and closes with a magnetic bar on the inside. fairly impractical but it's a nice additional something.

here i have a few pictures that i managed to save from the ol' helmutlang.com website. i think we should also implement the advertising campaign and also pieces featured in editorials for a more all-rounded view. more to come for the other seasonal HL threads, should i find the strength to go through the archives.

ACCESSORIES

acm58.jpg

acm04.jpg

acm03b.jpg

acm02b.jpg

acm02a.jpg

acm01.jpg

EDITORIAL

tumblr_lkcfh8_ZMVa1qbbjpe.jpgtumblr_lo6baa3_Am_E1qbbjpe.jpgtumblr_lo6bdq_H4f_W1qbbjpe.jpg

MISCELLANY

tumblr_lkephd_S96_A1qbbjpe.jpg

more to come for the other seasonal HL threads, should i find the strength to go through the archives.

Please do. I remember fawning over these collections when I first got interested in fashion, but I don't ever think I've come over such high quality pictures. Maybe it just was my net, but it is truly an experience watching Lang years after.

The collections still holds up, and it's fun spotting Lang references in other people's work. The most resent collections by Raf for Jil Sander, Rick Owens and Ann Demeulemeester all look like different evolutionary steps from OG Lang.