SUPERFUTURE DENIM by sling & stones

ilovespaz

I also agree with obsessis. I think putting out a superfuture denim should be initiated by the superfuture owners. Otherwise it just looks like ya exploiting a market that they worked hard to create. They should be in on it from the begining and get a cut!

Ya also need something special to beat all those japanese jeans.

Word. I think the majority would stick with ready-made jeans, perhaps in 2 different cuts? A standard regular straight (NS-style) and a slimmer version.

Haven't seen this in a while. Although the interest is still there, the funds aren't anymore. This would be a good project for those who aren't in the samurai contest. Plus it would be nice to always have things going on around here other than questions about what size NS you should buy.

hey ya'll,

this is sling & stones, i'm glad that there is still interest in the sf denim, but unfortunately the list only grew to about 25 or so people, so we are thinking about doing a spin for our pre release this coming november. We are going to be releasing a few pairs to the public before they hit stores in mid to late november and we would love to have some sfers wearing some s&s, with a purchase of one of the denims we will include 2.5 yards of raw 13oz blue selvage from cone. We have some rolls laying around from developement that we won't be using so we might as well give ot to people that would appreciate it and want to make something out of it (we won't be including patterns or anything, although we might post a view youtube videos on how to sew your own jeans..pending on interest). let me know how you all would feel about this... as for pictures of s&s, we have pictures coming out by weds, and i'll post them up as soon as i get them. later skaters-

I like this idea, but I do not think that it is very realistic. I think that instead you should just focus on making a great pair of high quality jeans with a modern fit, there is a serious market for that, people complain here daily about saggy asses and such. You're basically competing with the 20+ Japanese brands that have a long history and make amazing jeans, so you need something to set you apart.

Maybe make 400 pairs and 80 kits and sell them separately?

I'd like to see that you set quality first, and gimmicks like natural indigo second, or maybe just completely skip that. Put the money into making the denim higher quality instead.

I'd like to see 15+ oz denim, rope-dyed and many, many dips. Try to give the denim a more interesting slubby look too and don't sanforize nor singe it.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jun 4, 2006 at 06:57 AM

HJJ definetely knows how he likes his denim... I like it this way too. Hidden rivets are a must. I am not a particular fan of the extra slubby look to some jeans ala PBJ, but I prefer a more subtle slub, like those in the samurai denim.

EDIT: I guess I missed this thread when it first came out... oh well. Still sounds pretty interesting.

I would be interested, but am confused as to what the prices signify. I believe he is saying that for 300 you just get the jeans already constructed. is this correct? or do you basically get two pairs of jeans. I would not be willing to put down that kind of money until i have seen pictures of the finished product and the fit though.