Anyone have good food recipes to share?

greentea

homemade hummus

in a blender combine:

1 can chick peas, drain most of water out of can

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or more depending on pref)

1 clove garlic (" ^")

1-2 spoons sesame paste

dash of salt

dash of cumin

blend until the consistency is like a paste, but not too thick.

spread on a plate, sprinkle paprika and then drizzle olive oil on top.

mmmm, enjoy.

pork pastry log cabin looked fucking ace. I would've added a few spices here and there and eaten it with a tomato sauce. When I eventually get around to having some little ones baking in the proverbial oven I reckon I will probably smoke a lot of pot during the missus' second trimester or something and come up with a kids cookbook of wacky shit like that and sell it to book clubs and mother's groups worldwide. Your nonpareils cannot hide.

Someone drop knowledge on some asparagus recipes, there's all his beautiful asparagus coming into shops at like $1.99 a pound this week...

If you can get your hands on some white asparagus (Spargel, for those who know what I'm talking about), totally use it. I love just grilled them lightly. Bed of asparagus under a nice, fat steak? Tada, heaven on a plate.

Indeed, a bit of those trimmed out grilled in olive oil and sea salt grilled til still crisp is proper eats. I used to get this opener at this Italian place in Sangenjaya that had the white and green asparagus like that, I didn't need to eat the rest of the courses.

I'm not keen on sweets, so does anyone have anything nice in the way of lunch or dinner things?

Does anyone have a perfect vinaigrette recipe? Something light and not herbed. I have been using 1/2 cup canola oil/2TBSp lemon juice+white wine vinegar each/1/4tsp dry mustard, salt, pepper each, which has been good, but tweaking it leaves something to be desired; olive oil is too heavy for that mixture, but the canola is a bit light and doesn't make a thick enough emulsion to last through a big salad.

damn i made the best vinaigrette for a french class (salade niçoise) but i don't know where the recipe is. i found it in a julia child cook book.

i can make a mean coffee cake though for sure

brown sugar coffee cake

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 large egg

1/2 cup sour cream (i usually add a bit more to make it super moist)

1/4 cup whole milk

4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted & cooled)

1 granny smith apple (peeled, cored and chopped)

topping:

1/2 cup light brown sugar

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1.) preheat oven to 400F, butter an 8x8 pyrex

2.) in a large bowl, whisk flour, granulated sugar, baking powder & salt

3.) in a medium bowl, whisk egg then add sour cream, milk and melted butter.

4.) mix egg mixture with flour mixture just until blended. then fold in the apples and spread into the pan

5.) for the topping, combine brown sugar, flour, and butter (work it in with your hands) until crumbly

6.) mix the walnuts in and then sprinkle it on top of the batter

bake until browned and when you stick a knife in it, it comes out kinda clean, ~30 minutes. yummm.

I've been making carbonara as my quick easy meal these past few weeks. Really simple, really good.

2 eggs, 4oz of pancetta, 1/2pd linguine or spaghetti or fetuccine, oliva oil, parmesean, salt and pepper.

Fry the pancetta in the olive oil till it renders its fat and becomes crispy

Beat the eggs with salt and pepper

While the pancetta is cooking, boil the pasta for 1 minute under its recommended boiling time

Drain the pasta, dump it into the pan with pancetta and oil. Toss.

Pour in the eggs and stir immediately. Keep stirring until the eggs cook/sauce thickens.

Transfer to plate and add cheese to your liking. You can also add cheese while in the pan, or beat it into the eggs.

Serves...1 to 2? Depends on how hungry you are. It does great doubled or halved or whatever.

• 1 month later...

I like braised lamb shank. very little prep time.

- season shanks with salt and pepper, brown, and set aside

- make a mirepoix and adding tomato paste, red wine, and beef broth

- add shanks and sliced tomatoes - simmer covered for about 45 min

- rotate shanks and finish in 350 degree oven covered for another 45 min

- remove shanks and keep warm. reduce braising liquid by about half on stovetop.

ready to go.