SOMET Denim

snugglepony

beautiful!

keep them away from wine please!

then again, they may end up with full of battle scars and end up looking even better.

hmmm.. how you intend to wear them? trash them?

I haven't deciced yet, but do i really have a choice?

I could choose to baby them and be utterly dissapointed when i get something on them, or just choose to trash them but then end up looking homeless after a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Any superdenim addicts who can help?

I picked up some Somet straight legs. However, they seem awfully tight to me - especially in the thighs. I'm thinking of returning them (although they are nice jeans). Does anyone have any input on how much Somets stretch? Does this fit look ok? :confused:

Any thoughts much appreciated - it's my first pair of Somets.

Here are some pics.

DSC07324.jpg

DSC07316.jpg

DSC07327.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to order SOMET denim directly from their website, if I'm not located in Japan? Do they ship overseas? Help would be much appreciated :)

read the beginning of this thread.

it's not impossible, but it's very difficult and expensive.

BiG carries them now, and you can also order some styles via own-magazine.com, making the efforts associated with directly ordering pointless.

but the jeans are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to decide between Somet blacks and s5000bk's. I prefer the fit of the bk but the clean aesthetic of the Somet's. Would it be possible to size up on the Somets to get a fit similar to the bk, or would they just be baggy in all the wrong places if I sized up. What size shoulf I get to achieve a similar fit to the s5000bk in a size 33?

Thanks for the input, guys.

I've been breaking them in & I'm pretty happy with them. They're still on the tight side for my taste, but any bigger & the waist wouldn't fit right. The denim really is amazing quality & I've gotten some compliments. I'll see how they wear in after a couple of months. Right now, I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who can pull off the tight jeans look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the 14.5 ounce straight fits. I already posted this in the this or that thread with no avail; so im wondering if anyone knows the fit of those compared to 47' lvc's. I currently have those and i just want to know so i can decide on the correct size. my 47 lvc's are a 36X34 and are unfortunately to loose for me now because i lost weight.

i went to the somet store in shibuya a couple weeks ago and it is insane to find. completely unmarked from the outside. it's just a door in a back alley w/ little or no other stores on the street. the people there were super cool though and they had all of their products there. anyone in the area should check it out.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the 14.5 ounce straight fits. I already posted this in the this or that thread with no avail; so im wondering if anyone knows the fit of those compared to 47' lvc's. I currently have those and i just want to know so i can decide on the correct size. my 47 lvc's are a 36X34 and are unfortunately to loose for me now because i lost weight.

fit is going to be very different -- lower rise, no anti-fit seat, straighter, slimmer leg.

my recollection is that somet's biggest size is a 35. you can get actual measurements on their website, or read back through this thread for sizing info.