Jackets [generally so]

This past winter I was wearing a navy patched cotton bomber'ish jacket from PS Paul Smith with nice elasticized cuffs and collar, really liked it. I sometimes wore a vintage ROKN Korean navy peacoat too, black, very wide sharp lapels, very tightly cut with a single vent in the back, lots of buttons. I might alter that coat a bit, maybe add a little and take away from it, redo the buttons on it for next year.

This spring I'm wearing the M-65'ish blouson from APC in khaki, and an older Burberry coat that is basically a classic navy double-breasted Burberry trench cut off halfway and it hits around the top of my jeans backpockets.

I'd like a real shorty cut boy jacket but don't want the one from APC. I'd like Dior Homme's grey one with the black lapel trim from last year but that one was like $2500.

when its really cold i go for my vintage pea coat. when its not i usually grab a vintage adidas track jacket or a vintage selvage big yank denim jacket.

heres the denim... not bad for a texas tuxedo

139802.jpg

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

in the cold winter months i like to wear my favorite butthair coat, a luxurious item made from only the finest blend of turkish and columbian butt hairs. i couldnt afford the 100% canadian lumberjack butthair coat. once i can afford that, i think it will compliment my high end denim rather exquisitely.

Last year.. (from cold to hot):

The North Face McMurdo Parka (I do not live in New York)

Vintage German army parka

M-65 in various colors

Vintage Dutch army jacket

Members Only jacket

By the way, that Spiewak jacket looks exactly like a Members Only.

reporter: "what do you think about western civilization?"

gandhi: "i think it would be a good idea."

Love the Real Mccoy Jacket. Hows it breaking in, I was told they use combination of Chrome and Vege Tan. Does the surface color fade to reveal a different color underneath? Also do you mind telling me how much you paid dor it?

BTW I like military style jackets and motocycle jackets. I have 1 lostworlds G1 jacket. 1 lostworlds Ryder in Black and 1 in Russet. Love them except they dont fade. I really want a leather jacket that wears like denim, thus I am thinking of Real Mccoy or Aero with their full vege tan jackets.

Nothin like a WWII A-2 with a pair of vintage Levis (in my opinion). I had a Lost Worlds G-1 and wish that I hadn't sold it. Great jacket.

My McCoys Dubow was made from what they called drum rolled horse. It has a very light base that it wears to.

pocket1low.jpg

I don't think McCoys is offering this hide any more.

DubowFrontBack.jpg

Its a custom jacket and at the time I bought it the US dollar was doing very poorly against the NZ dollar. It also has an NOS WWII Crown zipper. I paid a lttle over a grand with shipping and customs.

Aero has some really nice jackets. Their real deal in jerky seal is beautiful.

Check out the 37 201s.....

Edited by airfrogusmc on May 10, 2006 at 06:20 PM

Quote:

For the really cold days.

frontflat.jpg

McCoys Roughwear B-3 Duo tone

--- Original message by airfrogusmc on May 11, 2006 07:10 AM

beautiful jacket

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

• 4 months later...

well, im going to invest in a navy wool/cashmere mix pea coat this winter, to replace my charcoal duffle, recently ive been wearing a brown creased leather biker style jacket, leather is soooo wind proof. Id also like to replace the leather with a was cotton jacket from barbour.

If i was to buy a denim jacket it would have to be the ALD one.

• 1 month later...