Guide to Tokyo? Wierd, Dirty. Awesome etc.

Bubblehead

I was on here months ago and found a sweet link to a guide of Tokyo for wierd, dirty, awesome things to do there written buy some dude I have no idea of his name. Thats all the information I can give you.

I cant remember if the guide was actual book or online.

I know theres people who know what Im talking about

Leaving on the 13th so I wanna read up asap

Just need one or two correct answers and no garbage :-)

That link was possibly it but now it has made me rediculously confused. I thought I had some idea what it was and I would remember it but nah,

The link is damn useful tho, cheers!

I am looking for all the wierd and crazy things to do in Tokyo,

Ive found a cheap place to stay only put a deposit on it so far so Ill be in the city for 4 nights 5 days. will go to Womb, eat at Gonpachi, attend a gig at that old punk place, walk around aimlessly... amongst other things. any other wierd and crazy suggestions...any other links to a list of suggestions?

define weird and crazy

picking up HIV-infected girls from the Haijia building in Shinjuku

super sketchy whore houses listed as sangyo kokoku on スポニチ

pink salon in Sugamo where you'll be blown by grandmas

im kidding about these but...

i recently discovered the ghetto. i'd say that place is fucking nuts

http://www.theghettoweb.com/

http://theghettotokyo.blogspot.com/2010/03/graffiti.html

It's an old love hotel converted into a skate park. They have some of the craziest grafs in Tokyo. I think it's run by the No Future Krew.

Lots of insane looking dudes with huge tattoos listening to hardcore...

It's in Shin-okubo.

Perhaps http://tokyodeep.info/ would be of use?

Plenty of what most would consider weird out in Nakano. I would consider it the mecca of weird underground culture. Go to Taco Che in Nakano Broadway for the full range of music, literature, film, comics, etc.

Piss Alley and Golden Gai are nice other worlds within the madness.

Ome out in West Tokyo is a lovely place with old 60s movie posters still plastered around. (Also a great soba stand inside the station.)

Down in Kamakura there is the spot where Hojo Takatoki and one thousand or so of his followers committed harakiri after the Siege of Kamakura. It is up against a mountain which is itself a lovely hike.

Maybe Kazuo Umezu's house in Kichijoji?

That seems like a pretty good range.

cosign on the makoto-chan house in kichijoji

that shit is mad loud

i recently started exploring the western side of TYO. It's dope. Good eats and cool spots.

I heard there's a lot of cool spots near San-cha and Ikejiri but they are all kinda out of my way...

Asakusa Chika-gai inside the asakusa metro station is fucking WEIRD.

It feels like I just traveled to the 1940's.

Check out 5hour record (though it's closed like 6 days a week) and Furai-do. I copped an ESOW keychain there.

~~~

As Akiba has become increasingly commercialized (and touristy), a lot of OG otakus fled to Nakano broadway.

Mandarake never gets old.

Town of Sanya in Taitoku (I think) is considered one of the ghettoest areas of tokyo... I've never been.

Sanya is great, but if exploring out there keep in mind that, due to the delicate nature and history of it, it shouldn't be treated as a tourist spot.

qDa4Z11bcaI

West Tokyo is really the best. Last winter I spent so much time out in Ome and Okutama.

There aren't a lot left, but old Doujunkai apartments can be cool to check out if you are into that sort of architecture/time period. Although at this point I am pretty sure it is just Uenoshita Apartment and Kudanshita Building. Minowa Apartment was the other one but was just demolished over the summer.

Also out in Kichijoji the people of the band Suishou no Fune have perhaps the smallest curry shop in Tokyo. Naturally, it is quite delicious. http://dancing-ganesha.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Town of Sanya in Taitoku (I think) is considered one of the ghettoest areas of tokyo... I've never been.

That area really caught me off guard. It was interesting to see but shouldn't be treated like a zoo or something..

Those links are gold.

Tokyo Deep was possibly the site i was looking for actually.

i dont care for fashion clothes shopping. Just the new Culture, the ghettos, food, bars. Not planning on frequenting any whore houses lol

would be good to find the places the crazy kids go to such as the skatepark Herpsky mentioned.