WESC Denim

DJ_Flame

unless you could get real cheap, i would stay away. I bought some WESC dnm for my store bc they pushed it on me. I haven't sold one pair for guys. They look good on the ladies, but the guys fits are not good. The rest of the line on the other hand is incredible. I agree about the knits. All the knits, accessories, hoodies, etc are supreme quality.

www.theNicheMarket.com

I wear a medium in american apparel and my AA hoodies are slim-fit and fits me great.

The WESC medium which i picked up is a bit looser, but still looks pretty slim. however its the pullover version, and in my experience pullovers tend to fit looser.

forgot to add I'm 6'0 feet, 165 lbs

Edited by DJ_Flame on Dec 18, 2005 at 09:51 PM

• 5 weeks later...

The wesc spring 06 line is very nice.

There are 6 selvage washes altogether.

3 washes in 13.25 oz selvage. 100% cotton, 2 washes in 11.5 oz selvage. 98% cotton, 2%stretch and 1 last wash in 11.25 oz selvage, 98% cotton, 2% stretch.

Quote:

i see american apparel is mentioned.. i dont want to hate.. but do you guys actually like that shit(not ment derogatively) i just find it to be very low quality... or maybe just cause its soo light weight.. just wondering yall opinions

--- Original message by ultra_V on Jan 18, 2006 09:36 PM

Yeah, the quality of AA seems to have taken a hit recently.

With that said, their clothing still fits better than any other "mainstream" basics company.

Quote: but do you guys actually like that shit(not ment derogatively) i just find it to be very low quality... or maybe just cause its soo light weight.. just wondering yall opinions

You can't beat free shit handed out at University exhibitions icon_smile_big.gif That's where I got my only AA joint.

Getsuga Tenshou

• 2 months later...
Quote:

i see american apparel is mentioned.. i dont want to hate.. but do you guys actually like that shit(not ment derogatively) i just find it to be very low quality... or maybe just cause its soo light weight.. just wondering yall opinions

--- Original message by ultra_V on Jan 18, 2006 09:36 PM

i do a lot of business with a screenprinter and have most of my stuff printed on AmApp shirts... the quality is definitely suffering at the moment, as they've grown just ridiculously fast over the last two years and can't really keep up.

fyi, quality and thinness have nothing to do with each other - AmApp's jersey material is made from a higher quality combed cotton, which gives it a softer hand and allows it to be woven more thinly while being just as durable. IMO most of the quality problems with AA are due to the construction, not the fabric itself.

check out alternative apparel for a company doing something similar to AA, but on a much smaller scale. for hoodies and sweats, check continental-usa.com.

Edited by snugglepony on Apr 5, 2006 at 10:03 AM

• 3 weeks later...

a friend of mine actually just got a pair from the store in nyc. great lighter weight denim, and the dry is right on. quality is good, price isnt bad (about $140 after tax), and the back pocket detailing is on point. normal i hate it, but wesc did a good job with theirs.

as for fit, the allesandro is real slim, tapered all the way down. a bit of stretch in the denim, so if thats the look your going for, these will definitely fit your needs. the slim fit is a bit more user-friendly. it seems about the same as the allesandro in the thigh, but falls straight past the knee. a good slim fitting jean, not too tight at the proper size, but size down for a tighter fit throughout the seat. all in all, great jeans, and a cool brand. hope i could be of some help.

BALDERDASH.

• 1 year later...
has anyone seen their "Standard" raw selvedge jeans for spring/summer?

dunno but i bought a pair of wesc standard, raw, half selvage at an outlet for cheap, i got them just to ligga med tjejer on midsommarafton when i'm full like a kastrull, but still, has someone seen them worn in at all? they're alright, 13,5 oz, a nice cut, so i wouldnt mind breaking them in a for a while if its somewhat worth it?

dunno but i bought a pair of wesc standard, raw, half selvage at an outlet for cheap, i got them just to ligga med tjejer on midsommarafton when i'm full like a kastrull, but still, has someone seen them worn in at all? they're alright, 13,5 oz, a nice cut, so i wouldnt mind breaking them in a for a while if its somewhat worth it?

Dont you think you'd get to ligga med tjejer when youre full som en kastrull in jApAnEzE dEnIm? anyway, exposed selvage like on the WESC is horrendous in my book