Summer is here, Shorts anyone??

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never been much a fan of shorts, mostly because of skateboarding...slip on and land on your thigh while wearing shorts and you might as well be naked. but i too have been looking for an alternative to the weathered khaki cargo shorts look that apparently is the only thing available these days. the cut on those polos looks good, but i cant lie and say im too crazy for the absurd plaid that they have on em. ehh, ill probably just stick to jeans.

BALDERDASH.

Quote:

dickies are too mexican gangbanger for me...

and i reaaaaaaally hate to admit it... but i was in AE with a girl (haha not just an excuse)... but they had some dope patterened plaids.

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Apr 30, 2006 10:22 AM

LOL, werd. I have no shame, AE does have nice plaid shorts. I just bought these the other day at, prepare yourself, Armani Exchange.

1141.10938.5415.088.s.jpg

They're a good fit, comes with a belt and looks great. My only gripe with them is that they're a tad long, making them feel kind of man-capri'ish. But they'll get tailored soon before wearing.

whats up everyone first post. You can get good shorts at Gap or whatever..another thing I recommend would be to cut some loose or baggy sweat pants. I did it to some very old T5S shorts I had..turned out dope..it would even be better if you can tailor the cut so it doesnt look ratty.

so i'm a short guy (5'6") and my inseam is about a 28 or so. obviously i look ridiculous in 98% of all the shorts sold at the gap, abercrombie, etc. seems my only option is to buy dickies and cut them off, but i don't want to have ratty ends. i can sew them, but i'd rather just buy nice ones from the start that aren't NBA length. Those Marc Jacobs look rad, but I'm guessing they're also well over $100. are there any affordable options?

Height is definitely an issue when it comes to shorts

i'm 5'7 with a big bum, so its hard to find nice shorts... until i stumbled across 2 diesel ones from the current season

I can't find them... but they are slightly tapered ot the knee (not baggy + hides that ass). ones sorta cargo-ish and linen, the other is plaid, with subtle pink stripes (i mean really subtle). I coudlnt afford either (120 and 90 for shorts was too much for me) but if u can part with that, those are really beautiful shorts

During mid summer, it gets damn hot and humid here, so ive seriously been contemplating wearing short shorts during the height or summer this year... something like the american apparel PE shorts or poplin shorts... partly because they are comfortbale and partly because people will probably react comically to them (laughing, pointing, spewing generic insults)... anyone else wear anything like this when its super hot out?

Quote:

i want a pair of nice denim shorts, like evisu or something. Are denim shorts a sacrilege? i usually dont rock them but i saw some nice ones last time i was checking out jeans

--- Original message by watchman on May 5, 2006 08:55 PM

I got some wtaps and hectic denim shorts on my ebay store. check the link below if interested.

Got W)Taps? The United Snakes of America: http://stores.ebay.com/Cobra-Command

LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY. EVERYBODYS GONNA DIE. 12345666789 - this guy is nuts, I gotta get me more I:M!

Quote:
Quote:

i want a pair of nice denim shorts, like evisu or something. Are denim shorts a sacrilege? i usually dont rock them but i saw some nice ones last time i was checking out jeans

I got some wtaps and hectic denim shorts on my ebay store. check the link below if interested.

--- Original message by MilSpex on May 5, 2006 09:49 PM

too bad, they are XL bro or else i might strongly consider those~

Quote:

i remember a few years ago Denim shorts was a major fashion fauxpas. but who's to say what validates modern fashion. and i'm assuming if you post here on SF, you are a little ahead of the crowd in sense of style.

But on that same note, denim shorts could go real bad if done wrong. i.e. the too baggy / dipset shants / manpri's look..

i say tread lightly and don't go overboard. Also; dont go too short; last thing you want is having a ball hanging out trying to chill with the homies - NOT A GOOD LOOK.

"Say Word!"

Edited by brio619 on May 6, 2006 at 07:54 AM

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sauce1

^tiger stripe, nice.

I'm definately going to hit the surplus store soon, dessert sand camo, tigerstripe, treebark, and classic woodland will be on the list.

Then off to Workworld for a few pairs of dickes.

Can Anyone Recomend some nice looking Madras or Plaid shorts?

It's getting way to hot.

someone took my niketalk name here.

hi i was wondering if any of you have any ideas on shorts which doesn't have to long an inseam. due to the fact that i'm not the tallest guy on earth i would like a pair of shorts that isn't to long but still more or less baggy.

thanks

Guest sauce1

what you guys think of seersucker shorts?

at first it makes as much sense at pleated dress pant-shorts. LOL....

but after sitting on the idea....it does seem doable for summer.

any thoughts?

someone took my niketalk name here.