denim soaps

seoulfully

so i ran a search here and at mynudies and i know lots of ppl recommend dr. bronner's soap. and going to the site each there are several kinds that all smell different, and all except the baby mild are scented. so i'm guessing that the scents added are also organic or whatever and aren't any of the "bad" stuff that's in regular detergent that ppl are avoiding (and as such using dr. bronners instead)?

also, rather than the bronners liquid soaps, has anyone tried the sal suds liquid cleaner offered at bronner's site? the description says it's formulated for hard-surface all-purpose cleaning, but then lists laundry as something to use it for. which seems a little at odds with the hard-surface recommendation. just questions, all moot as i'm going to pick up some bronners liquid soap (if i can find the scents i want). thanks all.

Get Almond!! Haha just kidding, there are lots of scents to choose from, but I use it daily in the shower. Ive never done any research on it, but read the bottle, that shit is fucking hilarious, dude was on some Bo and Peep heavans gate shiticon_smile_dissapprove.gif. I have actually been meaning to use it to wash a pair of jeans as it would seemingly be more gentle on fabrics than a traditional detergent but Im not positive on this, Ill get around to it and let you know how it turns out as its a first wash of some raws.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used non-braded pure castile and Dr. Bronners Hemp Peppermint Soap.

Both work well although I'm not crazy about how the Bronners peppermint smells when I've got wet jeans. The jeans always smell a little like barn/hay when when they come out and peppermint added to that smell makes me ill.

I like the all natual soap approach, although when jeans are very soiled I use Woolite Black.

I also use Woolite with my one pair of jeans that I don't want to fade anymore. Keeping the fade could be a big problem for SF next year.

Lastly, I've been playing around with dry jeans and the Whirlpool Fabric Freshener. The machine does a fantastic job at removing oders, keeping the dry look, and slightly shrinking the jean after they have stretched. It works great on shirts too and once I get some spare time, I'll post a thread with pics.

http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=513