My PRPS after 2 years

kai0ty

How's it going everyone? So I've been wearing these pants 7 days a week for the past 2 years, well it'll be 2 next month, and unfortunately I think it's about time they retire. They're just raw denim, nothing was pre-distressed, and they've had about 5 washes. I managed to hold out a year before the first washing but the smell became unbearable. It's at the point now where I have to patch them once a week; they've stopped getting worn in and now they're just deteriorating. They've been my lower skin for so long it's going to be weird walking around without them, but I've got a new pair of Flat Head S5001 getting hemmed right now and I'm actually really excited to see what they'll look like in a couple years time. So before my babies go on the shelf I thought I'd share them with anyone who'd appreciate. Every fade, tear, honeycomb or crease was done totally natural with day to day wear. All the patchwork was done by me in my living room. I didn't do anything to make them come out a certain way; they're just a pure reflection of what I've been doing for the past 23 months.

Here's the front, I'm actually surprised the knees still haven't torn yet:

CIMG0021.jpg

CIMG0022.jpg

CIMG0025.jpg

This is the back, I've literally had to put patches on my patches but it was worth the effort:

CIMG0020.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg

CIMG0024.jpg

This is them inside out to show the patchwork on the seat and crotch. I started off with small patches but eventually I had to step it up. I had some extra denim from a pair of APC I got hemmed so I covered as much weak area as I could with that.

CIMG0026.jpg

CIMG0027.jpg

Who remembers Animal Crackers? I used to love these when I was little so when I came across this patch I had to do something with it. It doesn't cover a hole it's just vanity.

CIMG0029.jpg

Anyone else got some jeans on their last legs (pun intended)? Let's see them.