Attn: Ring Ring

Dolo

we are all denimnutz!

thank god someone asked ringring about the process if you wash them once if it is still possible to get the 'nudie' effect...though looking at the jeans again it really is brilliant marketing on their part. those guys that went hardcore for 6-12 months must have really stank!

the mind's eye glitters with thoughts and ideas for the masses/

i take classes/ to appease the classless/ perhaps its/

counter-revolutionary or counter intelligence/

to understand the situation or take command of the circumstance/

never mind what i say what's done is done/

and when i look down and grin and say it's been fun/

understand that #1 means no #2's i'm the best/

and i will choose to act out in front if you all to put you to the test/

One advantage of giving your jeans an early wash is the shrinkage - I've worn raw jeans before and got them nicely marked on the knees and crotch, only to wash them and watch all the marks move up a little and "out of place". *only a concern for the terminably denimdweeby mind you*

I've never used Scotchguard because I've never really felt the need to keep jeans crisp. I know people who used to dry clean their APCs and that kept them pretty crisp.

Maybe try traditional spray on starch if you want stiffness. Scotchguard will affect the breathability of your jeans making them more 'sweaty'.

• 2 years later...

Thanks Ahlvahroe.

Actually, I didn't and don't mind the questions at all. The reason I have not posted so much is twofold.

Firstly, the people on here much more knowledgeable now. There's a lot of people who have very good denim knowledge who have come to Superfuture, and older members have learnt a lot. I've learnt a lot from everyone.

The second, and main reason for my absence, is that I've been very busy.