MTTM & Brown Babie$. What Is Wrong With Them? Thoughts?

There is something about these 2 all female crews that really irk me. I'm sure some of them are nice people but they come across as arrogant idiots who seem to feel the need to show that they have no problem with doing drugs, drinking, getting into fights etc. when I'm sure 99% of them don't live that lifestyle. Having a scrap once in a while or getting drunk or high on occasion doesn't mean you are living the street life girls... I cringe when I read the MTTM blog.

Quote: So I’m just gonna talk about what I think M.O.B is about, at least in my eyes. Leah’s little sister, and one of my best friends and crime partners is Sarah “SWEET SIXTEENâ€Â. When I say crime partner, I mean actual crime partner. I’m 15 and she’s 17 but there’s almost no club we can’t get into, no amount of liquor we can’t hold, together there’s nothing we can’t do. I aint braggin’, just telling it how it is.

The above is quoted from a post on the blog. This girl sounds like a little brat who has to validate herself by letting everyone else know she can get into almost every club she wants to and hold her alcs. Get some life experience. Thinks she knows whats up at 15 years old? I think not. Her arrogance is unbelievable.

Are they so blinded by their underexposure that they think life and street culture revolves solely around NYC/LA and their daily exploits? Someone needs to wake up! What frustrates me is that they think they are living examples of street culture in actual reality what they try and promote and project themselves as seems VERY contrived.

As I said above, I'm sure some of them are genuinely nice people but its this aspect of them that I find to be really abrasive and I don't feel they are bringing anything fresh to the scene design wise. Does anybody else feel the same way or am I on my own?

Thoughts?

Donald: You know what you are? You're a self-loathing Jew.

Larry David: Hey, I may loathe myself, but it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm Jewish.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: The above is quoted from a post on the blog. This girl sounds like a little brat who has to validate herself by letting everyone else know she can get into almost every club she wants to and hold her alcs. Get some life experience. Thinks she knows whats up at 15 years old? I think not. Her arrogance is unbelievable.

just as a point of interest, that's Futura's daughter Tabatha doing their blog...

^

Really?!

He needs to give his daughter some discipline! Haha.

icon_smile_big.gif

Rhythym, Am interested to know your thoughts on these 2 female crews as you seem a pretty knowledgeable cat.

Donald: You know what you are? You're a self-loathing Jew.

Larry David: Hey, I may loathe myself, but it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm Jewish.

Edited by Larry Gene David on Apr 1, 2006 at 10:08 AM

Edited by Larry Gene David on Apr 1, 2006 at 10:09 AM

"The above is quoted from a post on the blog. This girl sounds like a little brat who has to validate herself by letting everyone else know she can get into almost every club she wants to and hold her alcs. Get some life experience. Thinks she knows whats up at 15 years old? I think not. Her arrogance is unbelievable."

let me start off by saying this. tabatha is nothing short of family to me. that girl is like my little sister, and any ignorant comment against her is going to be taken a little personally. with that said, lets take a step back. tab is 15 years old. regardless of who she is, who she knows, or what she does, shes still a 15 year old girl...and if you spend a day with her, you'll realize it. cant change that. but i will say this...at 15 years old, tabatha has lived some life experiences that most grown adults never will. she is an intelligent, thoughtful, beautiful girl...and belive me, at 15 years old, she knows whats up.

with that little background given, you need to take a step back when reading that. not for a minute do i sense any arrogance or a need to validate herself in those words. what i read is just the thoughts of a 15 year old girl who, face it, was brought up around these industry heads and immersed in the nyc culture. i'm not saying the lifestyle they seem to portray is something that should be romanticized, but face it, thats the way it is...

cute...yeah...but I understand where homie is coming from! and im sure dude who is defending her can see his point also...I mean really, can you honestly justify her actions just cause of what she may have been exposed to at a young age? Think about it, my cousin who I can actually say grew up in a "hood" (and im not talkin about these little over-rated places like NY and Cali wear people claim there hood and walking around in $$$ clothing and realy live in the Suburbs and hustle to cover up shit) im talkin bout Kingston Jamaica hood...been exposed to guns killing drugs money and sex crazy street life b4 she even hit the age of 10...she lives in the US and is one of the most respectable women I kno standing at the age of 22...doesnt drink doesnt smoke, lives a chill life but thats just her. Def not judging the 15 year old girl cause im sure she has MANY good qaulities and probably someone I would chill with, she could b mad chill. Iam just saying your surroundings dont mold you, you mold yourself. Im all about do what you do and live your life, but she couldnt be my daughter. Gotta have some type of limit or line...like the defender kept stressing, 15 years old...guess you cant put a limit on age anymore...cause this aint even new...I have heard worse from younger kids...just live! it is what it is

the whole street/rebellious life style is cool to follow and nothing wrong with respecting it and appreciating it...I mean its a well respected culture.I love anything that apposes the government or law or many fabricated ways that go on in the USA...just be true to yourself!

***Dociousaliexpifragalisticcalisuper***

Edited by SelfEXplanatory on Apr 2, 2006 at 12:46 AM

Edited by SelfEXplanatory on Apr 2, 2006 at 12:48 AM

interesting post

i feel ya on MTTM , dunno why u brought BBS up, they seem alright.

but MTTM is a lil bitchy/bratty, but thats part of their image, and they just do their thing.

they're still realer than 90% of girls growing up these days

obj2geo3pg2p2.jpg

mttm has been discussed before here. they don't like superfuture too much (ha ha)

hate check, line is predicated on this cartoon-character ghetto princess lifestyle ripped from a lil kim lyrics booklet thing, t-shirts riffing about balenciaga, goyard, supreme, chanel, etc. i don't get it, if you wear mad balenciaga... wear mad balenciaga, instead of wearing this 30 dollar t-shirt explaining to me your mad balenciaga-wearing habits, chea!

trying way too hard

looking forward to their forthcoming ambigious blog posting about "certain haters on the internet (SUPERFUTURE SUPERFUTURE SUPERFUTURE) who have nothing better than to post on message boards while holding their dicks etc. etc. etc." now.

Edited by artificialsky on Apr 2, 2006 at 04:39 AM

Not hate at all because anyone trying to do their thing should do it, and people who try to preserve whats left of new york are good in my book, but I have one questoin. If this youg woman posting is 15, she was born in 1990 or 1991? so by the time she was able to see what was going on, the city had already begun changing. I understand someone in their 20's saying that the city has changed form what they grew up being a part of, but if you're 15, than the city has only changed from what you heard it was like.

I could be wrong, and would be interested in hearing a response, since people here apparently think these girls are reading these posts.

chicks are gonna do what chicks are gonna do, why even try to break it down, why even care. They like attention and you're giving it to em right now, so its whatever, they are kinda succeeding with it. if a person wants to say how much they can drink or put up their nose, all thats whatever, I'll believe it if I see it.

The question I have is do ya'll really read peoples personal blogs? I definetly check ones that have information on them about companies, items, and market trends but there's really nobody in this world I care enough about to read up on their super-ego's feeble attempts at self-promotion, and I don't toatally agree with you stylistics, a person can be as beautiful, pure, in-tune, and anyting else, but bottmo line, the vast vast majority of blogs are very self-promotion orientated, whether to attempt publiscize a product, service or just what a person what wants the world to think of themselves

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

Edited by jjs home on Apr 2, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Weren't any of you mouthy little brats when you were 15, didn't you think you owned the world, didn't you think you were a fucking god when you drunkenly felt up Suzy from down the street?

This is how well-connected girls in NYC live it.

"Do you all think the guys running labels out there don't get drunk, and do smack? Leah’s comments on her blog is an attempt to go straight… Something more than a lot of others are doing... MTTM, including Tabatha, are some of the most honest people out there today, wishing harm upon them is simply immature!!! Comments like that shouldn't be tolerated in any forum..." -Slam!

"You all can sit there in front of your computers and take proverbial buck shots at the MOB all day, but when you wish harm on them is when this gets personal. They are doing their thing and you all have to cut them down. Yeah I know you've heard it before but "don't hate the player, hate the game." The MOB is straight amazing, and the fact that your going to point your loaded insults toward peoples you don't even know shows your carelessness. Take it from me, you all just don't know!!!!" -Jeeaudley

Jee v. Audley Ya Heard!!!!! <u> </u>

Edited by Jeeaudley on Apr 2, 2006 at 09:50 PM

That's crazy! Homegirl is fifteen? They're the Paris Hilton's and Nicole Richie's of the streetwear industry. I don't care who the fuck you are, or where the fuck you came from, at fifteen you don't know shit. Who puts a fifteen year old behind the internet facade of a company they're trying to get up anyway?

And any halfway decent female who drinks to much gets into the club. That's the fucking point.

Whatever. I'm only 11.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

When I find myself in times of trouble

Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

And in my hour of darkness

She is standing right in front of me

Let it be, let it be.

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people

Living in the world agree,

There will be an answer, let it be.

For though they may be parted there is

Still a chance that they will see

Let it be, let it be. Yeah

And when the night is cloudy,

There is still a light that shines on me,

Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.

I wake up to the sound of music

Mother Mary comes to me

Let it be, let it be.

Let it be, let it be,

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

in other words: who gives a fuck.

go read notes from the underground or something.

MOB was the first crew of Females to enter this league of gentelmen. They are doing better than most other tee shirt brands. They are repping for NY. They look and smell good. Yo my dude, you all sound like a bunch of bitches. M O B keep up the good work! Ya'll got the killer crew and none of these haters can take what your giving... ROBAFELLA got yerr back.icon_smile_wink.gif

seems like a lot of these new t-shirt brands are trying super hard to prove they are 'tough'. maybe i'm getting too old, but it all seems silly and childish to me

The gun and drug references seem a little played and tired (i'm talking about loads of brands - not just MTTM), especially on a range that could have been knocked up in an afternoon

Quote: and face it...at the end of the day, you're the ones logging onto their blog just to see what they have to say. something has to be said about that....

PFFFT as opposed to them (or the members of their "crew" like you, apparently) logging onto to an INTERNET STYLE FORUM to make sure people aren't talking shit?

let's play the game of "what's more pathetic"

chea!

Edited by artificialsky on Apr 3, 2006 at 02:57 PM

Quote:

It seems like literally everybody in the "Streetwear" scene is a fucking herb. The kinda' kids the frequently get robbed. Like, I would be embarassed to spend associate with them at all.

--- Original message by Francis Begbie on Apr 3, 2006 11:42 AM

yea there does seem to be a few too many scenesters rather than clothes designers right now