Lvc 1947 question

cleanlines

I dont understand why these are so popular. Dont get me wrong i understand the historical significance and the denim quality / constuction is superb. What gets me is the fit which just doesnt look that good on most people. Being a slim fit i think they only look good on taller and thinner people. Its only my opinion but i think the 1944 and 1955 fits are much better and more flattering on the majority on guys. Anyone agree with me on this ?

i have to agree the 47s are not slim fit jeans, i consider slim fit very form fitting as in almost skin tight.. these are not that, they are a straightleg so they are slimmer than say the baggy or loose fit that alot of people are now used to but in no way are they slim fit, i would say they are a little slimmer than an easy fit but not much at all.

i think the reason why people like the 47s so much, and the reason i had to get them is that they are if you think about it.. the "gold standard" that is used as far as the cut and style.. sure all companies are different but in a way a lot of the preminum brands can be traced back to trying to in some way emulate this model, you name it sugarcane, 45 rpm, nudie even, etc..

remember you might not think that lvc is the best out there and that is fine, but when levis puts out a "vintage" 47 taht's prabbly as close as you can get to getting something put out by the original company that originaly put it out in the first place... sure you can debat this but in a way that is the appeal at least that is what i think.