EPIC cotton water resistance

ww90

Just wondering, if anyone out there who has a jacket made of EPIC cotton, could you possibly post a video on how water resisitant the fabric actually is? I ask this because I am very skeptical about cotton being water resistant and you cannot always trust marketing advertisements.

also, any vouchers will be great.

A video? Uh.

I've had an acronym Epic jacket for about 2.5 years. It's been washed a bunch of times and hasn't gotten markedly better or worse at keeping me dry. It'll keep you dry for about 20-30 minutes in light rain, after which time it'll start to get damp.A video won't show you anything, because the fabric doesn't shed water like WB-400, or Gore-Tex. It won't get any "wetter" than that, but it won't keep you dry for long in heavy rain, and will quickly "wet out", at which point you will, too. Once you're out of the rain, the fabric dries very quickly.

Acronym are making their claims regarding waterproof performance (actually, it's water resistant performance) on behalf of Nextec, it's not quite the same thing.

The reason they tell you that performance improves after washing is that the fabric loses its ability to keep moisture out as it becomes soiled—ie through everyday wear. Washing the dirt out of it makes it work again. It stands to reason that after twenty washes, even encapsulated fibres won't be as encapsulated as they were on day one.

Long story short: It does what it says, and it doesn't perform as well as Gore-Tex (or any other synthetic fabric) by any means. If you need serious water resistance, get a Gore-Tex jacket. Also, Etaproof/Ventile (which Acronym are now using increasingly instead of Epic) is better at keeping the water out, and it dries faster, in my experience. It's also quite a bit more expensive.