new line from ndg

baldy

^^ Tell me about it.......

But yeah, I am down for the collab, but do you mind if my other collabo buddies join in:

SSURxBeing HuntedxEnglandmj7xOnemancultxAPC Neckwarmers!!!!

We are only making 3 pieces though.......

Edited by englandmj7 on Mar 29, 2006 at 03:03 PM

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the prices are jumping because GQ has been dick riding them and giving them towards-the-front press the past 5 or 6 issues. you get GQ clientele jumping on your brand, your prices can afford to and will skyrocket. i do like how they shut the back room for awhile. last time i was there it wasn't open then while walking back to the front the dude stuck his head out and was like yo homie we're open. he said a bunch of annoying typical sneakerheads were crowding the joint too often. whatever that means.

i'm definitely not feeling that as the t-shirts were $30 for the old foil embossed NDG smallcaps on front / chevrons on yoke a few years back and the materials aren't backing up the pricing. the scarf from last winter wasn't even cashmere and it was $200!

that aside, it still looks great. its all simple and classic, but they need to catch up to their pricing before the bottom falls out.

Edited by mlproject on Mar 30, 2006 at 01:10 AM

i have a couple pieces from i dunno maybe two years ago.

green hoody under the "ojas" label-i think they were selling it for like 2 bills

and a screen long sleeve tee with this spanish chick almost naked with coney island backdrop- i paid like 25 for this. they were selling for 50 perhaps

do they still sell absurd?

i dont think this season was anything amazing

cept the cashmere stuff,

i'd rather go to opening ceremony if i'm gonna cop that type of gear

by the way, anyone going to the brooklyn party tonight?

Quote:

Is it just me, or is everyone superbored with pop iconery. I don't think I would ever wear a shirt with someones face on it, unless it was a collage of realtor headshots that were mutilated or something.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Mar 29, 2006 12:43 AM

id only wear it if it was my face.....

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

Quote:

green hoody under the "ojas" label-i think they were selling it for like 2 bills

and a screen long sleeve tee with this spanish chick almost naked with coney island backdrop- i paid like 25 for this. they were selling for 50 perhaps

cept the cashmere stuff,

--- Original message by wiggin ender on Apr 7, 2006 12:55 PM

what is opening ceremony? i have a hoodie from there that i bought from a store here in IN. someone was saying that they buy designs from new designers and produce them? or is it a functional label with a few dedicated designers?

very heavy. the quality is amazing. i bought a pair this last june. the newer season doesn't have the logo on the coin pocket, and the denim seems to be exactly the same. the cut may be a bit slimmer now. the price also went up considerably.

here are pics of mine after 9 months:

ndgfrontwash.jpg

ndgbackwash.jpg

korn feat. ice cube

Quote:

cept the cashmere stuff,

--- Original message by wiggin ender on Apr 7, 2006 12:55 PM

yeah they still have absurd, its all downstairs

RichmondSkylineNight.jpg

I'm underwhelmed by the whole line. With almost every piece I can think of another designer that did it better this season. Junta x CDG has better plaids, Kim Jones and Spruce both have nicer block prints ....

Maybe the clones that never leave Williamsburg will dig it.

I don't understand all the hate towards NDG's Spring/Summer lineup. I admit it's not as good as their fall lineup but it's still good stuff. You really can't beat their quality, top notch. I stick by their denim, really good stuff.

Eric