HOODY QUESTION: Wiggly Zipper

beautifulray

I was just wondering if there is any cure to the "Wiggly Zipper Syndrome". I just bought a hoody, washed, and dried cause it was too big and it came out with the WZS.

Im thinking of just replacing the zipper if there isnt a cure. Anyone know what zippers are good, and where i should get it replaced? Brands/Types

Thanks

Like when the sweater material shrinks a bit, but the material around the zip doesn't, meaning the zip kinda bulges outwards and/or inwards.

I suppose cold washing would help prevent it in the first place, and replacing the zip should fix the problem - if you do get round to replacing it I'd be interested to hear whether it works.

YKK are good, and a decent alterations place should be able to do it for you for minimal cost...

Well I haven't encountered the wavey zipper syndrome on any of my hoodies in the past 2 years that I've been washing my own shit. I just do a cold wash, set it at delicate or slow speed with a low to medium load, and make sure to zip the zipper. Hang drying afterwards is preferred.