Treme

Eccles

Easily the best moment of the show thus far. Reminiscent of Chris beating Michael's stepdad to death. Definitely about what's not said during that moment that makes it so powerful.

Yes, you had to love that Chris Partlow-ass beating. Looks like they're also starting to touch a bit heavier on the NOPD, especially the preview scene w/ Antoine from next week. I still don't see where the show is "going", which makes it tough to get really engaged (how would a season end? i can't foresee any climaxes or arc to the storyline). Btw, those two street musician are both awful characters. Zahn grew a little on me this time around.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still like it. Zahn was good this time. The lecturing street performer was the worst. I assume he was meant to be that way.

Really liked all the characters that got a little more fleshed out. The Chef storyline is tight. Antione is kinda the bees knees. I enjoy all the randoms that pop in out. There is entertainment value in both episodes thus far.

Yeah, I really like where the show is going after that last episode. I found myself actually liking the street performers now. Line of the night has to be "Davis, try not to talk."

Looking forward to next week's episode, the story seems to finally be going somewhere

^ very good stuff. First blog make sme miss home. I gotta get back down there for a few days this month. A tip for anyone whoever wants to visit. This is the best time to go, right June when it gets unbearably hot...the city is built on a swamp so it gets so sticky that you just want to stay in doors. Go now and you can walk through the french quarter and soak up the atmosphere without all the sweat.

So, some New Orleans natives are noticing a resemblence to the story of the french quarter musicians on Treme to a reali life event that happened in the which now lives in infamy. the peoiple that they are probably are based on are Zachary Bowen and Adrian hall. I wont say what happened between the two just in case it is where the series is going with it.

But if you dont mind a possible spoiler...click the link to read the real life story...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/45166

So, some New Orleans natives are noticing a resemblence to the story of the french quarter musicians on Treme to a reali life event that happened in the which now lives in infamy. the peoiple that they are probably are based on are Zachary Bowen and Adrian hall. I wont say what happened between the two just in case it is where the series is going with it.

But if you dont mind a possible spoiler...click the link to read the real life story...

I'll try to be as vague as possible so I don't give away anything to people who don't know what happened.

I'm not sure the show is going to progress that way. One reason is that I think David Simon is trying to be a little less based-on-real-life this time around than in The Wire. He still pulls from real life, though, and the John Goodman storyline is apparently based on a real life blogger.

But I don't know about the Sonny and Annie storyline. I'll give you that it's weird that her name is Annie the real girl's name is Addie, but I don't see them having a violate relationship. They just seem to disappoint each other, but not in an out of the ordinary way. Then again, this week we learned the Sonny is from out of the country. He says he wanted to get to New Orleans as soon as he could, so we don't know what he was getting away from.

i'm sorry, but i still don't get it. it's an entertaining show, but i can't imagine how the last 2-3 episodes of a season would play out. i'm assuming it will all roll into carnival w/ some big celebration where albert does his thing, and the kid will join his tribe, but so what?

I'll try to be as vague as possible so I don't give away anything to people who don't know what happened.

I'm not sure the show is going to progress that way. One reason is that I think David Simon is trying to be a little less based-on-real-life this time around than in The Wire. He still pulls from real life, though, and the John Goodman storyline is apparently based on a real life blogger.

But I don't know about the Sonny and Annie storyline. I'll give you that it's weird that her name is Annie the real girl's name is Addie, but I don't see them having a violate relationship. They just seem to disappoint each other, but not in an out of the ordinary way. Then again, this week we learned the Sonny is from out of the country. He says he wanted to get to New Orleans as soon as he could, so we don't know what he was getting away from.

You could be right & its only speculation at this point. however, the similarities are very strong so it's not out of the question that peoples minds would automatically go there. Especially people familiar with the city. I wonder if this will happen more and more throughout the show. Being able to pin point certain scenes on the show as real life events I mean. For example, the scene where Batiste got his ass whipped by the cops was based on a real life event in the French Qaurter after the storm...I recognized it immediatly.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant believe dude took it there. I mean without any prior signs, you just decide to cook your dead girlfriend? Crime of passion and all is common place in this day, but cooking usually is relegated to the crazy.

i'm sorry, but i still don't get it. it's an entertaining show, but i can't imagine how the last 2-3 episodes of a season would play out. i'm assuming it will all roll into carnival w/ some big celebration where albert does his thing, and the kid will join his tribe, but so what?

I'm still finding your stance on the show odd. You admit it to be an entertaining show but then say you dont know how it will all end and this makes you not get it. If its entertaining, just let it play out. If it stops entertaining you, stop watching.

If David Simon and other Wire alumnus weren't associated w/ Treme, would we all be here right now? If tonight doesn't really impress me, I'm throwing in the towel and canceling the HBO subscription that I picked up solely for the show.

Whats the verdict? Cancel or still going? Also I refuse to pay for HBO due to the high cost and the ease with which their content can be viewed online for free.

I was a little worried about where it could all go, but then I realized that every ep has been pretty entertaining. I'll just keep watching as long as it keeps that up and let it go wherever it goes. I doubt it'll wane much if Im enjoying it now.

I'm still finding your stance on the show odd. You admit it to be an entertaining show but then say you dont know how it will all end and this makes you not get it. If its entertaining, just let it play out. If it stops entertaining you, stop watching

My stance is that as one of the purest advocates of The Wire, I will blindly follow this show for 1 season. It's mildly entertaining, but even the worst possible episode of The Wire is better than the best moments of Treme so far. The only thing that's hooked me is the "oh, it's David Simon, so I'm sure shit will jump off soon". We got bout what, 2-3 episodes left?

fair enough. Unless you're opposed to watching on computer, cancel the subscription. All their content can be found for free or the price of a rapidshare account. I almost caved last move and went with a premium package. Every piece of programing i've wanted to watch since last Nov has been found online with ease.

I'd support HBO if they broke from the cable providers and made an online subscription.

maybe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...