My First Raw Denim Diary (Pics)

Whodinihimself

rigid means rigid, that is, that cardboard-like state which is caused by starch and is more pronounced before the jeans are washed. rigid and non washed are sometimes used interchangeably in Japanese sites. you could, though, have a rigid washed denim if you starch it after having washed it and it gets rigid, or if, even after one wash, it is still rigid (samurai 19oz comes to mind).

Thats what i was thinking...washed jeans can also be rigid..probably just takes more starch...however...as you can plainly see, they dont appear washed out...possibly rinsed...as in one rinse...maybe...but even though the word "raw" or "unwashed" does not appear anywhere on the rakuten page for these jeans, doesnt mean that theyre not raw...because as you say they use the terms interchangeably....

..I'm thinkin they may be raw or one-rinse...but they are also resin baked...so fading is gonna be a slow process...

probably doesn't matter... if they're dark and stiff it's no different from raw in terms of wear and fade... you know many brands sell their jeans one washed and the fades turn out second to none. If they're resin coated, then it will take longer to fade but the results may be better and they can endure washes without fading out.

Yo all,

I've been rocking my A505s for about 4 months constantly now. It took a while to start getting results, but they're now starting to fade quite a bit. Having trouble getting honeycombs though. tried starch but still no good...

anyway I'm in the middle of exams at the mo, but i'll post pics of progress soon.

Keep the Funk alive

Quote:

Yo all,

I've been rocking my A505s for about 4 months constantly now. It took a while to start getting results, but they're now starting to fade quite a bit. Having trouble getting honeycombs though. tried starch but still no good...

anyway I'm in the middle of exams at the mo, but i'll post pics of progress soon.

--- Original message by choice_genes on May 29, 2006 05:11 AM

hey man, glad to hear that they fade sooner than i was suspecting...but sorry to hear youre not getting honeycombs...they formed pretty quickly on mine, but theyre slimmer fitting than the 505's...I'm suprised to hear that starching them hasnt worked...you could try heavily starching both the insides and outsides...behind the knee and in the crotch area...worked for me

Hey yo,

Thanks for your advice Whodini. I'm getting the crease, just not the fading around the creases...I think it's coming slowly though.

Here are some photos of my A505s. At about 5 months of wear I think...

http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img01487vj.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/2032/img01585nb.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img01559wk.jpg

PS - how do I post them so that they'll actually show up in the thread??? I'm using imageshack. Just can't seem to get it right...

Keep the Funk alive

Hey thanks for the pics Choice!!...those a coming along nicely....I think the 505's are a better made version of the A-Types...the denim is the same but my 606's dont come with pocket rivets (only coin pocket ones) and they dont have the 'two-horse patch' on the back either...more of a cosmetic thing but it is noticeable.

..keep wearing em in!

..Learn to swim..