Hiroshima Hit List

exitrow

Will be in Hiroshima for a week. Anyone spend a lot of time there? Outside of the Peace Park and the Floating Shrine I'm kind of at a loss. I'm pretty sure there is a flat head store, but can't find it.

Cool local products/stores, parks, temples, bars, cafes, clubs... Whatever I might miss wandering around or in a guidebook. rep for insight. thanks

uhm...only been there once, stayed at a ryokan at miyajima. didn't like the okonomiyaki, but i guess you've got to try it since you're in hiroshima.

as for shopping, i doubt you'd really find a lot in hiroshima, although i could be wrong. pretty sure if you really want to hit up some stores your best bet is to catch a train to osaka.

uhm...only been there once, stayed at a ryokan at miyajima. didn't like the okonomiyaki, but i guess you've got to try it since you're in hiroshima.

as for shopping, i doubt you'd really find a lot in hiroshima, although i could be wrong. pretty sure if you really want to hit up some stores your best bet is to catch a train to osaka.

Hiroshima is pretty underrated.

The food there is crazy awesome. Thinking about those

Hiroshima oysters makes me drool.

Okonomiyaki places are everywhere but there's one building downtown (don't recall the name) but it's got like 30 okonomiyaki stands.

Drink that high ball, eat some okonomiyaki and oysters. Mmmmmm.

Hiroshima has jawn stores just like any other big city in tokyo.

U-ism, Hoods (taps and neighbor), Vlack (waste twice, nonnative), baluca (hobo, nonnative), Highbrid (all the HF related jawnz and warp-ish street amekaji), CDG, reflexion (bedwin, cdg, wherebouts, margiela), dude (n. holly) and the list fucking goes on.

I think Hiroshima undercover is one of the few stores that lets you pre-order shit even if you are not a VIP customer. I know that they have a catalog / look book you can look thru like Sendai U.

Also, I've had better luck getting super hyped jawnz in "smaller" cities like hiroshima. No resellers. No bloody fist fights with homeless folks.

I think there's even a supreme stockist there too.

I doubt there's much goth ninja / high fashion crap eg) balmain and ro

I thought Hiroshima was epic...

Do some research here before you head out

http://navi.zozo.jp/city/?pID=34

Have fun.

Thanks yall (repreprep)

Anyone want to chime in on sights? Architecture? Cafes?

Will be staying here:

CROWNE PLAZA ANA HIROSHIMA

7-20 NAKA MACHI NAKA-KU

HIROSHIMA JP 730-0037

what's good in the vicinity?

Damn. That's the same hotel we stayed in.

It's a really nice hotel.

As far as I could tell, the downtown area is 10-15 minutes away from the hotel. It's located on a super huge street , surrounded by a bunch of huge office buildings. There are a few convenience stores and cafes (dotor and shit) but that's pretty much it.

You will either have to take a cab or take the street car from JR hiroshima station. Unless you are going by yourself, I'd definitely recommend taking a cab. The street cars are fucking slow as hell. Takes like 20-25 mins from JR (bullet train) Hiroshima station.

The confusing part is that there are two train stations. As I said above, one of them is for shinkansen and other major lines. The other station just serves a couple of local lines. If you wanna go to miyajima (the ocean shrine), you gotta take a train from the latter. I think you can also take a ferry from an area (kinda close to downtown but not really) but it costs about 2000 yen + you are going to freeze your ass.

Some pics from my december trip:

Miyajima is pretty epic. I wouldn't necessarily go back there again but if it's your first time, it'll be fun.

There's a huge hello kitty shop there, if you are into that sort of thing.

Taken with D3000. It's the shittiest DSLR but still takes really good pictures.

4296731748_f99a3614fd.jpg

4295987217_b35ac1b4f2.jpg

4295990079_ea0ff166d0.jpg

4296738584_f811f4fe9f.jpg