Non-Levis Levis Repros

tmadd

I don't know if this really warrants a new thread, but I could see it potentially going in a direction that would be awesome. I'm definitely not particularly well versed in Levis, but I am finding more and more that the jeans I am most interested are those that are trying to be the closest things to old Levis out there. If there is enough interest, I would love for this thread to contain evolution pictures of Levi's repros, and discussion about what models from what companies are doing the best at capturing all, or particular aspects of vintage Levis. I am digging my SC1947s a lot these days, and will try to get some detail shots of them up soon. Also, I was thinking, if people wanted to contribute models and manufactures and which Levi model they are a repro of, I will update this first post so that eventually we could have a consolidated master list of available Levi's repros. Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Honestly I have little to no input on this when it comes to actual information but imagine the potential for this thread! A visual history of every repro brand and their attempts....what they got right, what they tried to do, and what was still lacking, along with a visual progression of repro's getting better and better at all the little details. (ex: evisu and the off center belt loop...other companies with the raised puckering details, waistband chainstitch running all the way around, etc etc.)

I wish we could get some of the head honcho's in on this...Shoutani twins of Warehouse, Ryo & Hiro from Ooe, "yama-chan" etc. ahaha