Choosing a great quality varsity/souvenir jacket

Guest adidasaj

Guest adidasaj

So, I'm looking into investing into a really good varsity/souvenir jacket. I have a few right now ($100-200) range but none feel of particularly exceptional in quality. Average materials, very boring fit, not particularly comfortable. Nothing bad but just as you can usually tell the difference between medium and high-end pea coats or jeans, I'm hoping for the same in a jacket.

Got three in mind right now.

Applebum x Wu-Tang

http://applebum.jp/shop/005wutang/0930701.php

+nostalgic and also rarest of the batch

-I have almost no experience with Applebum apparel (no direct)

Ursus BAPE

http://bape-cdn1.splay.com/system/style_images/images/4948/zoomed/1610-MJK-03309_2-1252602587.jpg?1252602587

+most subtle and also likely highest quality ...

-It'll cost me about $600 ... my g/f looked at it yesterday in Tapei city at BAPE store there and they want about $560 CND

+-I like BAPE. I still think BAPE is sick. I can already see some 'sneers' though if I go with the 'typical' brand though haha. I don't like being thought to like BAPE just because it's an 'it' brand. Yeah I care what my peers think.

Evisu Heritage

http://international.evisu.com/collections/sale-mens/products/hanya-souvenir-jacket

+I think the head on the back is incredibly sick

-It's also incredibly loud and massively lowers where I can wear it (I'm young but I'm an economist by trade... wearing downtown Hong Kong at night, check; wearing mid-day here in casual Canada to get groceries, not so much

-Evisu Heritage is questionable quality. Made in Macau. Evisu Made in Japan jeans are amazing, but their Made in Macau jeans are just 'good' and there t-shirts, shoes, etc haven't been 'great' in my experience (own about 7 non-jean Evisu items). Jacket was about $500-600 before but on sale even at about $300, I'm worried it being no better than, say, my Rocksmith Toyko varsity I got from winners for $50

-I wear Evisu jeans regularly.... and shoes... Brand overload with a jacket, too.

I'm open to other brands, too. Y3 make any? I'm only familiar with their shoes but the Russians around here seem to have Y3-everything, from pants to shirts. Don't think I'd want a BBC/IC one. Supreme is cool but has never really been one of 'my' brands. Basically the only people that wear Supreme here are Taiwanese. Any other first hand experience with great jackets?

Guest adidasaj
he's too late.

EDIT: also it seems he's an idiot. Can't wear a scary head on the back of your jacket in Canada while getting groceries? Are you retarded?

You must understand dressing for the occasion.

You wouldn't wear a jacket like that to a job interview for a bank, would you?

I'm an investor :) I dress a certain way when I'm doing errands during the day in case I meet up with clients, meet new ones, etc.

There's a time and place to gaudy clothing when you have to dress like a suit by trade. Do you disagree? Do you have a daily dress code yourself for your career?

You must understand dressing for the occasion.

You wouldn't wear a jacket like that to a job interview for a bank, would you?

I'm an investor :) I dress a certain way when I'm doing errands during the day in case I meet up with clients, meet new ones, etc.

There's a time and place to gaudy clothing when you have to dress like a suit by trade. Do you disagree? Do you have a daily dress code yourself for your career?

wait... so that means you must be at least 25... an you wear bape and evisu sneakers?