EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

poly800rock

Hey guys,

We're thrilled to present our brand new collection of raw selvedge jeans. EP's is a new brand for us, and will be the more casual and rugged side of the Epaulet collection. I pasted our official press text below, but I want to mention four quick things first:

1. We'll have an ass-kicking website dedicated to EP's tomorrow. A fellow SF member - who is incredibly resistant to sleep deprivation - is putting it together.

2. We'll do an EP's and Styleforum contest around this first delivery of jeans. I'll get all the details and timeline finalized by Monday. Promise you're going to love it.

3. If the indigo jeans catch your eye, don't sleep on them. The fabric is true deadstock and it's amazing. I've got photos of a five-year old jean done in this exact denim. It's a feast for the eyes.

4. The jeans are a tapered straight leg - similar to the APC New Standard. You can buy them basically true to size. If you have very slim legs then you might want to size down 1 inch.

Okay, onto the good stuff...

EP's denim by Epaulet

We proudly present EP's - our collection of raw denim jeans made in Los Angeles. Intended to compliment our shirts, sportcoats, and footwear, EP's have clean design, strong construction, and an excellent cut. Each piece is crafted in artisan selvedge denim woven and will deliver a comfortable fit and great fade. EP's is one of our in-house brands and is exclusive to Epaulet. Like our other Epaulet pieces, EP's are crafted in the USA in small batches. Alongside a few basics, we'll release a constant stream of special and limited editions.

EP's have minimal embellishments. There's no logo and no contrast stitching. The front has gunmetal donut buttons, button fly, and riveted pockets. Stitched bartacks on the rear pockets reinforce the top. Pockets are crafted in rugged hickory-stripe cotton twill. The EP's coin pocket is pefectly sized to accommodate a few cards and some cash, thereby doubling as a mini-wallet. A genuine cowhide patch is stamped and sewn onto the rear.

It's really all about great fabric, classic style, and a precise fit. EP's look just as good with a sportcoat and wingtips as they do with a sweater & boots. With their clean and versatile design, they'll surely be one of your favorite pieces.

The "Smith" fit is a tapered straight leg jean. It's slim without being too skinny. It has a small leg opening which works well with proper shoes, boots, and trainers.

Click through the shop links for more information, huge images, and full measurements.

4189834913_1441f95906.jpg

EP's Smith in Cone Mills White Oak Deadstock Indigo: $145

14oz sanforized red-line selvedge

4190597132_fbeb347a7a.jpg

EP's Smith in Kurabo Black: $145

12oz sanforized white-line selvedge

4189835837_0d61d159d8.jpg

EP's Smith in Cone Mills White Oak Streaky Vintage: $145

12oz sanforized red-line selvedge

repost from other SF. think these look really nice, and pricewise amazingly nice. considering people contemplating buying garbage from UO because it's selvage, here's a good product that's better bang for your buck. black ones look nice, have too many jeans to even consider these though.....

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Just got a new pair of the Kurabo Smiths. Definitely similar to my pair of New Standards, but just slightly less slim, which is perfect for me. I especially like the top block. The rise on the NS is a bit too low to wear with a shirt tucked in and my 501's rise is too high, but these are perfect. I'm looking forward to breaking them in, setting the creases, and improving the drape.

Now the only question is whether to cuff, or not to cuff.

EP_s001.jpgEP_s004.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...