Atlanta this weekend?

dutchxoven

So im taking a girl i just started dating to Atlanta this weekend...she has never been and everything ive been to Atlanta its for work and i dont really know it too well. we are staying at the glenn hotel and going to an atlanta hawks game...wanted to maybe go to the aquarium...just wondering what else would be of interest this weekend?

some bars and restaurants we should check out near our hotel? she enjoys art and live art shows and decent dance music nonsense, she like dubstep stuff and hiphop sort of vibe if that makes any sense.

what bar is good on friday? anything else going on Saturday as well?

thanks.

lengthy post but worth reading....

Do the bars / restaurants have to be within the walking distance from your hotel?

Shopping that's sufu worthy:

-Wish (in little five points)

-Barneys COOP in Phipps Plaza

-brakeless (if you are into fixed gear bikes)

-standard (they have vans vault and other decent streetwear. not a big fan though)

Food / bars

-Brickstore (this is the best bar I have ever been to in America in terms of beer selection. the atmosphere is A+++++++++. you need to take the marta train to decatur. it's like 2 seconds away from the train station. absolute best)

-Vortex (i've had gourmet burgers in big cities e.g. NYC, tokyo but i have never come across a better burger joint. beer selection is good here too. it's got several locations in the city. the one in little five points is off the hook.)

-virginia highlands (it's an area) is a decent place for bar hopping but the crowd is pretty douchey on weekends.

-atlantic station (also an area) is a new development but heard good things about it. young crowd. somewhat douchey.

-east atlanta has a lot of good dive bars. used to go there for punk shows and etc. good crowd. impossible to get to without a car.

-sweet water brewery beer tasting + tour is A+++++++++++. 7 bucks and get a souvenir glass + drink tickets. awesome time guaranteed. the beer here is excellent. i should have drunk more 420. the crowd is usually pretty awesome. lots of non-douchey emory, GTech kids.

-don't waste your time + money at the VARSITY. it's a super famous joint but it absolutely fucking sucks.

-mexican and korean food: buford highway. there's one joint that i used to go to. it's open till like 5am. orange facade.

-chinese: hong kong harbor on cheshire bridge. open till like 4am. dank as fuck.

-japanese: hashiguchi jr near lenox mall. the food is so authentic that it blows my mind everytime i eat there. japanese izakaya / tavern style. the only other place in america that has japanese food of this caliber is NYC. i personally feel that this gem is > most jap jointsin the nyc. i honestly don't know how much $ i dropped here. sake selection is good as hell. the owner is from hakata. sushi is mediocre unless you sit at the bar. their lunch menu is unbeatable.

-fried chicken: i have no idea. some dudes swore by Gladys Knights. i never eat fried food so i don't really know.

-breakfast: atlanta has some of the finest breakfast joints ever. crescent moon is the best IMO. several locations in town. get the ham + coffee sauce dip(?). flying biscuit is also pretty good but it's too famous and touristy.

-i also heard that EL BAR is pretty good.

• 2 years later...