Levi's, made in USA, dry denim - new & very cheap on ebay

codeloss

it seems there is a ton of info on 501's out there... anyone know how to date 517's? I just got a pair of 517s off the bay with some great wear and would like to get the same jean to try to reproduce the same results, but not sure if they are the kind you can buy at the store now or an earlier edition

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

Anybody reckon if the 501's are sanforized or not? Will I expect much shrinkage?

I wear a 30 waist in my Premium Skinners, but they sit low. For the 501's, since they have a higher rise (and my waist is smaller than my hips), should I size down?

I haven't worn any other Levi's besides the Skinners I have, does Levis sizing generally run true? or a bit smaller/larger? Before the Skinners the Gap 1969 premium i wore a 28, but they sit a bit higher, and they are sized bigger than true.

Thanks

Those are real. The back pockets are really big in 505's and these are a small waist jean in the pic, so they look really close to the middle seam. All levi's jeans that have a zipper are sanforized unless they are old 501ZXX (which sell for a hell of a lot more than $33!) They are a good deal if you want some dry denim that is not as anti-fit and doesn't have the current re-design attributes like thicker stitching and the big articulate. But one thing to consider is that these old stock jeans are probably still available in your downtown western or army surpluss shop.

I might be able to date those 517s for you

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Feb 27, 2006 at 01:10 AM

I've been wearing a pair of stf's from jc penney but I wish the seat was less baggy (anti-fit, i think). If am understanding correctly, serge is saying that the levi's made in the USA have less anti-fit (therefore a less baggy seat) and I would be interested in getting a pair. I googled levis made in USA and got to this site, http://www.501usa.com/levi501.htm

If i ordered a pair of stf from that site would they have a less baggy fit (like the pre '97 fit)?

thanks in advance for any responses

Those jeans are all real. There really is no reason to fake jeans that retail for $40. They would be a great buy though. The stfs made in the USA pre-2000 era wear pretty well as long as you adhere to the don't wash frequently rules.

Quote: Anybody reckon if the 501's are sanforized or not? Will I expect much shrinkage?

I believe all the 501s listed are preshrunk, so you wouldn't have to worry about them.

Edited by rnrswitch on Mar 1, 2006 at 09:29 PM