Prada to sell Jil Sander

djrajio

Quote:

I want Jil Sander to head Jil Sander again.

Raf's shows, IMO, was too much Raf and not enough Sander.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Feb 24, 2006 08:54 AM

I didn't hate the RS for Jil Sander collection - the silhouette was different enough from the typical JS silhouette to allow Raf to make his stamp on it, and the collection seemed coherent with some nice pieces (esp. in outerwear) - but I definitely wasn't wowed by it either. I'd like see Jil Sander back at her own line as well.

Incidentally, what do you guys think of the Menichetti line? I really liked his menswear stuff for Jil Sander (some of my favorite pieces are still from those collections), and even his stuff at Burberry Prorsum, although he seemed to have been slammed there by tons of critics, especially when his collections are compared to Christopher Bailey's. However, I haven't seen anything really outstanding in his own collection. Sure, lots of wearable pieces, but nothing that makes me consider spending all my savings on.

The speculation that I've come across is that Bertelli put Raf in that position to add value to the brand, and that selling was the whole point of the exercise... Think about it, would you want to buy a designer-less brand or one that has one of the most up-and-coming name attached? Not sure what will happen to the Jil Sander label, but I see a lot of shoes/accessories in their future.