looking for hoodies

icegrillz

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you into? I always thought that this was a pretty cool hoodie at a really decent price. The discharge on the longsleeve tee is pretty amazing, and I imagine that the one on the hoodie is similar:

http://www.hintmag.com/shop/oliverhelden_lg.html.

Just go to th "shop" to order. Oliver Helden's stuff is pretty slim fitting - comparable to Spruce, not quite as tight as Wings and Horns.

Quote:

Wish I got this when I had the chance...

278_aom_green_.png

--- Original message by LanceP on Feb 23, 2006 06:16 PM

the all black one with the bill imprint is so much hotter. This one always looked cheezy to me..

I have the Grey Recon hoody with the skull on each side and its definately my favorite hoody.

Also check out the brooklyn Industries Limited edition series of hoodys. Each store in each boro has a different design PLUS each design has a differnt color arrangement on each hoody so each hoody is unique. (or atleast thats wha the store girl told me)

Dress how You Dress and I'll Dress How I'll Dress.

Quote:
Quote: i saw this one kid with a zip up hoodie with this face mask attached at the hood and i can't find it anywhere.

(guessing this is wat youre talking about)

Its a Shmack Clothing, Pirata hoody...

358556677_l.gif

Mad fresh, but sold out on the site... It was cheap too, only $60.95...

--- Original message by stuntastic on Feb 23, 2006 06:21 PM

aCTUALLY, that could be the worst hoodie of all time.

korn feat. ice cube

i don't like the design too much.

the way things are placed, it looks like something that kids would wear, but i like the fact that it's cover a mask on it.

i've never seen one like it so i thought id get one.

i guess it's a good thing that it's sold out, so i don't buy it.

anyways, is there any other hoodies that i should check out?

my range at the moment is up to $200, but cheaper the better.

Quote: schmack is no good, friend. i was all about some of there designs - ended up buying the T-rex hoodie. the material quality is rubbish. really really thin, and cheap feeling.

Word.

For me I liked the concept, something different than a fullzip/pull over/zip down. But I could tell that the quality of the hoody was cheap. Esp the fit of it...

Damn, Im here too?

Quote:

I don't think Am.Rag has the Mats hoodie anymore. I tried to find it there last year and had no luck.

--- Original message by minya on Feb 23, 2006 09:31 PM

Oh well, it's over rated anyway (I have it, luckily got hooked up and spent only about $130 on it; it is not even in my standard rotation). Spruce hoodies beat them by a long shot quality-wise, and the Acne design is nice and clean, with some interesting details, but after a while, you realize it lacks any real character. Right now, my favorite hoodies are actually by Spruce, Edun - not a niche brand, I know, but the quality is definitely there and the fit is really good - and by the Cast, which has graphic prints that are unmatched. Their Spring line launches March 15, but you can purchase one from any past season on their site (www.thecast.com). They will even do a non-standard design for you if they can make it work. If you can wait until next F/W, they'll be going to a full cut-and-sew program... Watch out. That brand is coming out with some sharp shit...

If you want it (the Mats, I mean) try Factory People in Austin, or Stels in Boston, or HTC. There are plenty of Acne stockists.

Edited by LA Guy on Feb 23, 2006 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:

These "the cast" hoodies look so sick...

silk3.jpg

--- Original message by Parker669 on Feb 23, 2006 10:13 PM

i want that, but there's no way i can cop $299+ for that.

--- Original message by icegrillz on Feb 23, 2006 10:24 PM

http://www.activeendeavors.com/product.asp?sec=men&catid=sale&deptid=3996&pfid=AED10480

GO GO GO GO. FWIW, I sized up from a Medium to Large in my THECAST.

I try to bring you the real. The silk lining is really nice, but not necessary, and I much prefer some of their other (not as blatantly logoed) designs, so I eschew the lining for the actual print. I love this one and wear it all the time, in the blue with gold print, (it actually has a distinct purple cast that doesn't show up):

http://www.thecast.com/pages/boutiquechandelier.htm

I actually had the zipper replaced with high quality heavy duty YKK, and am very happy with it.

And I just rewarded myself with this older design, in the faded wine color with the gold print (decided that I had too many black, grey and blue hoodies, and needed a serious color injection into my wardrobe. I have the green Spruce tiger fleece (You can see it in the WYWT thread), but this is less obtrusive for day to day use:

http://www.thecast.com/pages/boutiqueframehood.htm

Am thinking of putting a riri zipper on it...

Quote:

I try to bring you the real. The silk lining is really nice, but not necessary, and I much prefer some of their other (not as blatantly logoed) designs, so I eschew the lining for the actual print. I love this one and wear it all the time, in the blue with gold print, (it actually has a distinct purple cast that doesn't show up):

I actually had the zipper replaced with high quality heavy duty YKK, and am very happy with it.

And I just rewarded myself with this older design, in the faded wine color with the gold print (decided that I had too many black, grey and blue hoodies, and needed a serious color injection into my wardrobe. I have the green Spruce tiger fleece (You can see it in the WYWT thread), but this is less obtrusive for day to day use:

--- Original message by LA Guy on Feb 23, 2006 11:46 PM

Those are sweet. I actually think I'm going to pick up the right chandelier one, just too bad they don't do returns. Do they run true to size or should I size up? (fwiw I'm a large in the Acne Mats (6'4", 165 pounds or so))

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by LA Guy on Feb 23, 2006 11:46 PM

Those are sweet. I actually think I'm going to pick up the right chandelier one, just too bad they don't do returns. Do they run true to size or should I size up? (fwiw I'm a large in the Acne Mats (6'4", 165 pounds or so))

--- Original message by Babar on Mar 2, 2006 04:31 PM

If you are really concerned about size issues, I would phone them. The likelihood is that you will get Chuck Guarino (one of the principals) on the phone, and he would really be the person to answer your questions. What I can say is that I fit well into both a medium The Cast and a medium Acne Mats hoodie, and I am 5'11" and 153 lbs (as of this morning), with a fairly slim build (True 40 chest, true 31 waist). That said, there are definite fit differences between the two. The Mats hoodie is meant to fit close to the body and look sleek. The Cast hoodie is printed on a Lee hoodie, and is meant to fit looser through the body, with a bit of a dropped shoulder and therefore slightly shorter arms (see the "Press" section for illustrations of how they fit. Although I hate both terms, I would say that the Cast has a a more "hipster" and less "designer" feel compared to the Acne Mats hoodie.

Given all that, I would say to get the large, given what little I can tell about your body type. Also, I would urge you to order ASAP, since The Cast is going to a cut and sew, and may not be doing the Made-to-order program much longer... I just got my 73 frame hoodie in the faded wine with gold print today, and the colors just pop!