Nice Collective Scrap Metal Boots

EckBlk

Hey Sufu:

99.9% Brand New Nice Collective Scrap Metal Boots size 9-9.5

Hey SF:

These have got to go, I screwed up with the sizing on these and they are about .5 too big for me:( . They have been worn once. I paid 715 shipped from the Nice Collective storeroom, you cannot buy them anywhere else. These are number #001006 as indicated on the certificate of authenticity and a small metal tag on the back on one of the boots. Stamped size 9, will fit a 9.5 (boots only came in whole sizes). Includes white and red laces, certificate and original storeroom box. Color is charcoal. I'm also including a size 34 NiCo belt for free!!

Asking No longer available Conus

Payment by paypal personal gift payment only

Please read:

Guys: I'm not on here that often so, please email me @ [email protected] or check the styleforum thread which probably be updated more: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=140332

Taken from the gentlemen's corner:

Intrigued to see how this worked, we decided to get in touch with Joe Haller, co-founder of Nice Collective. He went on to tell us the lengthy process behind the making of these shoes.

Joe states that “We researched and found the oldest combat boot manufacturer in The United States. We spent a week in Pennsylvania designing and developing our boot and over 100 pairs of hands touch each pair.”

Inspired by “machinist and metal shops”, they used the scrap metal because “the metal components used on our belts and jewellery seemed perfect for secondary use. The shavings used are actually the scraps left over from drilling holes in brass coins used for an upcoming belt offering.”

The boot itself is “made from full grain leather which is drum dyed and chrome tanned. We then buff the boots with non-petroleum based motor oil”. There has been news that petroleum based motor oil can lead to cancer, so the fact that the oil is non-petroleum based is quite an important one.

The last steps in making the boot are buffing “areas of the boot to darken the leather - giving a slightly aged, worn in look. Then brass metal shavings are pound into the heel and sanded for a slight reflective quality”. As fans of craft, you have to be impressed by lengths some designers still go to to achieve their desired result.

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

bump - these are some sweet boots.

note to buyer. a buddy of mine has these and they wear well, and look even better with age.

i'd try and get them, but they're too big for me. :(