OB4CL Part II

schmoses

it doesn't suck, but it's not better than the first album or supreme clientele. it's either the second or third best wu tang solo release this decade. not sure if it's before or after grandmasters. today, it's before grandmasters. cl2 is very well sequenced but lacks an obvious theme which bleeds coherently from track to track. raekwon has finally marriage'd his 93-01 rhyme animal delivery w/the laid back thinking man 03-09 flow. it is a very good album but i really wonder what would've happened if he used more beats from the 0506 rza sessions. the vocal sample used on "fat lady..." is quite perfect.

"cold outside" is what "the heart gently weeps" should've been.

truth: have mercy, walk wit me, ason jones, 10 bricks, gihad, black mozart, new wu

bangers: we will rob you, pyrex vision, broken safety, walk wit me

duds: mean streets, catalina, canal street

the "it's no nas but they repped hard!" scene stealing performances: beanie siegel on have mercy, gza on we will rob you, jada/styles p on broken safety, deck on black mozart, ghost on gihad

i duno... am i the only one who wasn't really imprssed here?

catalina? about me? kiss the ring? i dont even really dig house of flying daggers. don't get me wrong - have mercy, pyrex visions, gihad, we will rob you, 10 bricks - there's some good shit but nothing made me hit repeat.

shit just left me wanted to listen to the og obfcl.

can't stop listening to broken safety. definitely one of the hardest wu beats i've heard for a long ass time, also jada goes hard on that. ason jones is some heartbreaking shit. pyrex vision is catchy and baggin' crack is fantastic, wish it was longer. i think i prefer cuban linx 1 but i am so damn happy that rae was able to pull this shit off

i duno... am i the only one who wasn't really imprssed here?

catalina? about me? kiss the ring? i dont even really dig house of flying daggers. don't get me wrong - have mercy, pyrex visions, gihad, we will rob you, 10 bricks - there's some good shit but nothing made me hit repeat.

shit just left me wanted to listen to the og obfcl.

there's definitely some tracks i don't listen to, but to say there's nothing that made you hit repeat is fucking crazy.

i

truth: have mercy, walk wit me, ason jones, 10 bricks, gihad, black mozart, new wu

bangers: we will rob you, pyrex vision, broken safety, walk wit me

duds: mean streets, catalina, canal street

the "it's no nas but they repped hard!" scene stealing performances: beanie siegel on have mercy, gza on we will rob you, jada/styles p on broken safety, deck on black mozart, ghost on gihad

You're fuckin crazy. Canal Street's one of the best tracks on the album.

Funny that you categorized Walk With Me as a banger too. It's a dope song, but ... c'mon, you can't get hype to that shit.

It's hilarious that Necro has a beat on this album too. I mean Rae and Bill had a track together and were supposed to do a collab mixtape a few years back so it was known the camps were talking. But as if Necro's ego isn't big enough already ...

^^^^^you are SO on point regarding walk wit me, notesee. i was totally drinkin the kool aid at the time of that bangers bit. not hype at all but it's definintely more atmospheric than canal street. canal street is like a soundtrack of a fat man squeezing into a ganster suit. walk's like a breezy weed/coke...breeze

Funny that you categorized Walk With Me as a banger too. It's a dope song, but ... c'mon, you can't get hype to that shit.

It's hilarious that Necro has a beat on this album too. I mean Rae and Bill had a track together and were supposed to do a collab mixtape a few years back so it was known the camps were talking. But as if Necro's ego isn't big enough already ...

The wizard has been summoned...

J, you're buggin..."Walk Wit Me" is stupid STUPID ill. Should've been on the US CD and should've been the album closer...no lies there.

The joint Necro produced was actually the only joint on that album floatin' around months prior to its release (other than "New Wu" of course)...and it was titled "Necro"...which was weird to me...but I just attributed that to their sometimes strange twisting of the English language (which is always good).