Paleo Denim

raWorkshop

3407725988_6d91d534da.jpg

Hey guys and gals. I stopped posting in the home-made jeans thread a while ago because I've decided to step up my efforts. So this is the public start of my new project, Paleo Denim. It's a one man project for the most part but I do enlist other creative types for some stuff. So far my little work shop has followed me from apartment to apartment and also had a short stint at The Gear Factory studios in Syracuse, NY. Now it's back in-house as I've yet to decide what to do with my life now that I've graduated.

3630821952_53d7f6d8d0.jpg

My graded pattern is here and now I'm getting ready to roll out some nice product. To start with I'm going to be making some slim straights and I guess I'll play it by ear from there. Eventually the line will be all domestically sourced here in the USA. It's not really a rah- rah USA kinda thing, I'm just into supporting local economies and institutions.

3642108777_44c29210d7.jpg

I have two sample pairs up for sale (details on the blog) if anybody's interested. I'll be taking some orders at the start of next week, the price will be relatively low while I get the kinks worked out of my process, get the word out, etc. More details on that to come.

Blog

Flickr

you can also email me at [email protected]

Many thanks to everyone who's been supportive so far, it means a lot.

More info on the denim? And back-pocket stitching, etc

JSFU got the most of it, the selvedge I'm currently using is a 14 oz Cone. The streaky is lighter, a good summer weight, but I have no info on actual weight or mill.

I'm doing back pockets fairly plain stitching wise, but there is a mitered edge and I cut the fabric grain against the miter. I can do it that way or normal vertical grain and shortly I'll have a more traditional back pocket shape available. The decorative stitching is just a little detail I came up with last year. I like it but I can leave it off as requested.

3642864548_ed03fd95a0.jpg