Antisweden Denim

Guest jmatsu

TRUE UNHOLY NORWEGIAN BLACK DENIM

RAAAARARARRARGh

but seriously

interesting

some pretty prominent artists at that opening party

not digging the patch at all, though

justin bartlett is a pretty well known artist in the extreme metal scene. something tells me the price point on these is a little too low for superfuture to be interested in.

from google:

-

Anti Sweden is a new brand from Oslo, Norway combining Norwegian death metal, Justin Bartlett’s illustrations, denim and fashion. This is a completely refreshing approach as far as we’re concerned and here at Official we’re rallying around Anti Sweden to succeed in launching the brand during this time. Take a look at the direction and illustrations, how can they not succeed?

and

The modern cultural history of Sweden and Norway pretty much boils down to ABBA versus Black Metal. As in, lilting melodies to disco beats versus shrieking vocals to grating guitar distortion. With this as its founding principle, new Oslo-based design agency ANTI mined the country's dark tastes to create the unisex jeans label Anti-Sweden. They're just as skinny and affordable as their neighbors to the east, but without all that chirpy disposition. You know, the yin yang thing. So while Anti-Sweden is produced in sunny Italy by the same factory that makes Giorgio Armani's collections, it couldn't be more deliciously, stylishly satanic. In fact, they wanted to ship from a little village in Norway called Hell, but the postage to you, dear readers, would have been a little too hellish, so we decided the jeans were hot enough shipped from our lovely New York headquarters. And isn't this a helluva price?

http://hintmag.com/shop/shop.php

Guest bambam

last paragraph of the thing suicide posted should have just said 'fuck acne fuck a cheap monday fuck sweden! abba blows ass too!!!!'

as a side note, some pivotal extreme metal bands predating the norwegian scene came out of sweden, most importantly bathory. norwegian extreme music would have not evolved as it did without the influence of swedish bands.

i know the whole thing is tongue in cheek, but i can see a lot of backlash painting this as an extremely lame attempt to capitalize on a scene and genre that has long since been beaten to death and for the most part rejected by its originators.

I suppose that there may be a niche market for this brand. But I find the imagery too dark to become widely acceptable...makes me think of depression, drugs and death/suicide.

Guest jmatsu
I suppose that there may be a niche market for this brand. But I find the imagery too dark to become widely acceptable...makes me think of depression, drugs and death/suicide.

they probably want people who wear g-star to die or commit suicide.