button vs zip fly

swyche

button fly tend to be more durable, less likely to come open and most importantly offer a better fit. the fly can stretch, bend, and move more easily than a rigid zipper which can not bend from side to side like buttons.

there is also the element of tradition as kapay mentioned.

and they look better and create cooler fade marks!

depends on how tight your jeans are.. if they're slim on your waist/hips area you can definitely put a good amount of stress on the zip if you're doing something active. I've had several zippers break on jeans. Granted, they were cheap $30 Levis or something like that, but still, nothing's more annoying than a broken zipper you have to keep pulling up every 10 minutes.

Quote:

depends on how tight your jeans are.. if they're slim on your waist/hips area you can definitely put a good amount of stress on the zip if you're doing something active. I've had several zippers break on jeans. Granted, they were cheap $30 Levis or something like that, but still, nothing's more annoying than a broken zipper you have to keep pulling up every 10 minutes.

--- Original message by gomi no sensei on Jan 30, 2006 03:34 PM

thank you. i agree completely. zippers break and fall down and get old and in general suck. gomi is right about how snug your jeans are. loose or baggy jeans dont put much stress on the hips/crotch.

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Jan 31, 2006 at 07:45 AM

Guest Fade to Black

Back in my younger days I hated button fly jeans/pants, I thought they were the biggest inconvenience...now, all my shit HAS to be button fly. I don't even feel right in zip-fly pants anymore.

For me button flies are only annoying the first couple of days. After unbuttoning it for a while the holes stretch enough to not be an inconvenience. As for zipper flies, i never had to unbutton the top so I don't know about all that. I still prefer button flies though... it's like the difference between manual and automatic shifting. That's probably a bad analogy but it works for me.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the fact that a zippered fly is much easier to catch your dick in. Surely most of us males know what I mean when I regard to the pain of catching the tip of your shlong in the zipper of your pants.

At least with a button fly, being intoxicated especially, I'm not at risk of becoming infertile.

Quote:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the fact that a zippered fly is much easier to catch your dick in. Surely most of us males know what I mean when I regard to the pain of catching the tip of your shlong in the zipper of your pants.

At least with a button fly, being intoxicated especially, I'm not at risk of becoming infertile.

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Jan 31, 2006 10:15 PM

obviously you missed my remark about the "commando lobby"

ask a cassowary

Quote:

never had to worry about that, and i go commando every day... when is your dick up near the zip?

denim is the new crack

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Feb 1, 2006 at 07:54 AM

Quote:

The Beans or the Frank