elbow honeycombs

nairb49

serge!

you've heard about it? can you tell me more, I've been searching for info but can't seem to get any. always comes up as george washington something or other.

as for the timeline-not too sure, bought it a few years back from a thrift store, newish condition literally wore it for about 4 months straight backpacking through europe so it got some serious wear.

nairb49

Nairb,

The jean jacket's brand is called GWG - which stands for Great Western Gear(out of Western Canada-possibly Alberta). It used to make mainly cowboy gear(kinda like Wranglers) as well as workwear and casual wear. The brand dates back to possibly the 50's and earlier, but I rememeber wearing them in the early 70s to the early 80s until the company's demise in the late 80s.

The Kings line is actually called Cowboy Kings and goes way back. It was shortened to GWG Kings in the early 70s. I had a very similar jacket to yours(which I had bought in 1983 as 60s deadstock). And if my memory serves me correctly, it had a GWG Kings patch on the left front pocket.

Here is a similar GWG jacket from the 70s(from of all places, Ebay UK):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-GWG-Denim-Jacket-42-M_W0QQitemZ8372961121QQcategoryZ91242QQcmdZViewItem

And a pair of deadstock womens polyester jeans from the 70s that shows the GWG Kings logo in better detail:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-GWG-Kings-denim-jeans-dead-stock-24-x-29_W0QQitemZ8372378739QQcategoryZ48886QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

spectre-thanks for the info!

mine used to have the front patch too, i removed it a while back though.

so this jacket is around 30 years old then, good stuff!

nairb49

as for the honeycombs, think about your knee joint-now where should they be?

Edited by nairb49 on Jan 28, 2006 at 06:26 AM

Quote:

for some reason I thought the honeycombs would be on the back icon_smile_shy.gif

very nice jacket.

--- Original message by Geowu on Jan 28, 2006 01:54 AM

its on the inside because of the way the elbo bends- forward... as opposed to the leg, which bends back (or so i've heard...i have no knees)

In my past life I was a biblical times savor, in this day and age I'm a political sign waver.