most moving song to you

freecat

yo

i was talking with my housemate and we were talking about moving songs. he told me his most moving song was one his father wrote when he divorced his mom, that is the soundtrack of a japanese anime. my dad isn't into music at all but i remember that when i was a kid i listened to the beatles when i was sad. i still need to find mine tho.

what's yours ?

woops forgot the coma and a few words. his dad's song was used as the soundtrack of a japanese anime and released under his own name, and he wrote it the summer he divorced his wife, my housemate's mom.

I had an uncle who was an alcoholic. He ended up committing suicide when I was 12, him and I were pretty close when I was a kid and he introduced me to music as I know it...bad brains, fugazi..everything I know and love today. He also introduced me to jawbreaker, and the song Kiss The Bottle always moves me when I hear it.

Caetano Veloso- You Don't Know me

V9VWTul_Pf0

Sam Cooke- Medley it's Alright for Sentimental Reasons

dQeV61LIUOY

Esther Phillips- Alone Again, Naturally

b1R1T5K-l-g

Couldn't find a link for the full version of my favorite but it's Henryk Gorecki- I. Lento- Sostenuto Tranquillo ma Cantabile from III Symfonia. Hope you guys enjoy these, definitely have helped me through some tough moments.

Air Supply - Goodbye (this song killed me as a kid, probably why I can't stick around the room when it comes on up to this day)

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (esp the ending - "nothing really matters any more"...too fuckin close to home.)

The Taxi Driver OST w/ the saxophone melody...if i could paint my mental landscape as a musical interlude, this is IT.

cats in the cradle by harry chapin

My dad is a very reserved person. I can remember lots of times when id be wondering what was he thinking. he always kept things to himself. That and work takes up most of his time.

Now that I have grown up and gone to college and have a career, he is retired so the roles have reversed alittle bit. Just like in the song. Happy bday dad ;)

The last time something really hit me it was 'Gratitude' by Bjork/Will Oldham from the movie Drawing Restraint the lyrics are actually a letter written by a child

July 13, 1946

Dear General MacArthur,

With your permission

I offer wishes of good health

During this heat

That burns anything

The words I slowly put together

Do not flow easily, they only fill my heart

Recently, fulfilling

Your heart’s desire

You removed the whaling

Moratorium.

Your gesture brings

A much needed food

To our community

And families

A million year old fossil

I send to you

This comes from my family

And the ancient sea

A prehistoric impression

Of the modern krill

She feeds the noble whale

And offers you longevity

Finally, please take good care in the heat.

Sincerely yours,

Shizuka