John Varvatos, Tim Hamilton, Orthodox

MoFauxHawk

1. White with pinstripes Orthodox blazer, size medium. Retail price is $200 and I'm asking for $90 shipped. I've never worn it except to try it on. Good construction and is made out of a nice material. Peak lapels if I'm correct about what that term means. Should fit a guy who normally wears a medium or large.

th_0126092129.jpgth_0126092132.jpgth_0126092133.jpg

2. Brand new with tags size medium 100% cashmere John Varvatos henley shirt. This retails for $498 dollars and must be the nicest shirt I've ever owned. It feels so nice, God. I wish it weren't just a little too small for me. Should fit someone who wears a small or medium normally; anyone from skinny to average (unfortunately now I'm bigger than average with my combined muscle and extra padding). Buy this shirt and you will not regret it. I really wish I could wear it myself. The colors are really pretty and sophisticated too. I'm asking for $175 shipped.

th_0126092141.jpgth_0126092142.jpgth_0126092140.jpg

This brand new (no tag unfortunately, but I swear I've only worn it to try it on) Tim Hamilton jacket retailed for $960 and I'm selling it for $250 shipped. It's gray with white pinstripes and is very well-constructed, with functioning sleeve buttons (a sign of high quality). Has peak lapels, which are supposed to make people look taller.

Measurements:

Shoulder to shoulder: 18"

Length: 27".

Sleeves: 24" (should be good for a guy of or within a couple inches of average height).

11_5858_pinstripe_310med.jpg

11_5858_pinstripe_333med.jpg

Unfortunately the handsome guy in the pictures is not me.

th_0125090009.jpg

Reply if you have any questions or suggestions! I can take measurements and photos for you. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures; my camera is broken. Thanks. International shipping will be a little more expensive!

This brand new (no tag unfortunately, but I swear I've only worn it to try it on) Tim Hamilton jacket retailed for $960 and I'm selling it for $350 shipped. It's gray with white pinstripes and is very well-constructed, with functioning sleeve buttons (a sign of high quality). Has peak lapels, which are supposed to make people look taller.

I would just like to say that functioning sleeve buttons have no correlation with quality. In fact, if they are functioning then in order to have the sleeves hemmed you need to take the sleeve from the shoulder which is much more difficult and expensive to do, potentially ruining the drap of the shoulder/armhole location. Plenty of suit makers make high quality suits without functioning sleeve buttons because of this issue.

I would just like to say that functioning sleeve buttons have no correlation with quality. In fact, if they are functioning then in order to have the sleeves hemmed you need to take the sleeve from the shoulder which is much more difficult and expensive to do, potentially ruining the drap of the shoulder/armhole location. Plenty of suit makers make high quality suits without functioning sleeve buttons because of this issue.

They do have a correlation with quality even if some high quality brands don't have them for the reason you stated. If the sleeves have functioning buttons, it means they have more in common with a bespoke suit. In the professional world, functioning sleeve buttons are desirable and respected and in the more materialistic/status-focused environments like major city biglaw and finance, non-functioning sleeve buttons are looked down upon (not that people can usually tell). And no, I'm not making this up.

They do have a correlation with quality even if some high quality brands don't have them for the reason you stated. If the sleeves have functioning buttons, it means they have more in common with a bespoke suit. In the professional world, functioning sleeve buttons are desirable and respected and in the more materialistic/status-focused environments like major city biglaw and finance, non-functioning sleeve buttons are looked down upon (not that people can usually tell). And no, I'm not making this up.

WTF? Since when does have functioning buttons mean that the suit is more in common with a bespoke suit? And when did something bespoke mean its high quality? Bespoke is just a term to describe how the garment was constructed; it is only one component that determines the quality of a suit, as is the fabric, the finish, etc. You can have a low quality "bespoke" suit made. There is no correlation.

And what the fuck does the professional world have to do with functioning sleeve buttons!? I used to be fucking banker and the only thing bankers care about is your bankroll.

I'm negging you for being retarded.

Good luck selling your shit idiot.

I'm negging you for being retarded.

Good luck selling your shit idiot.

Jesus, calm down. It's just nice to be able to roll your sleeves up for whatever reason. It's not a big deal, it's true, but a jacket with functional sleeve buttons is just a slightly more functional jacket than one without them. While it may not be as easy to tailor the sleeves, if the sleeves are the right length it's a nice feature to have.

In fact, if they are functioning then in order to have the sleeves hemmed you need to take the sleeve from the shoulder which is much more difficult and expensive to do, potentially ruining the drap of the shoulder/armhole location.

You utter idiot, when you spend five grand on a bespoke suit they make it to fit you, you are never ever going to have the arms taken in unless somehow you get shorter. What a stupid argument. Functioning buttonholes don't necessarily correspond to a higher level of quality but like any other bit of detailing, they are generally found on clothing into which was put more time and care than average OTR clothes get, so yes, there is an overall correlation with quality.

Way to flip the fuck out in this thread for no reason.

You utter idiot, when you spend five grand on a bespoke suit they make it to fit you, you are never ever going to have the arms taken in unless somehow you get shorter. What a stupid argument. Functioning buttonholes don't necessarily correspond to a higher level of quality but like any other bit of detailing, they are generally found on clothing into which was put more time and care than average OTR clothes get, so yes, there is an overall correlation with quality.

Way to flip the fuck out in this thread for no reason.

haha you're an idiot, he's selling a off the rack blazer, it isn't bespoke - your point is entirely invalid.

haha you're an idiot, he's selling a off the rack blazer, it isn't bespoke - your point is entirely invalid.

That's why I didn't make any reference to the original post. I just argued with what he said, which was stupid. If he hadn't slipped into hyperbole (read: gone totally apeshit with self-satisfaction) maybe he would have sounded like a reasonable person in this thread.