Oliver peoples NDG glasses

mod

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of NDG-1's from them in black. the glasses seem to be authentic, but I don't really have anything to check against. the one thing that aroused some suspicion is the case they came in. All the cases I've seen for the NDG-1 to date have been small leather ones. This case is a much bulkier cardboard(?) case covered in some sort of nylon. the glasses definitely have all the signs of being authentic, and the strange case still has the oliver peoples logo stamped on it along with the "Oliver Peoples Twenty Years" text inside and an oliver peoples dust cloth, but I am scratching my chin a little...

update: I actually didn't care about the case, as the glasses seemed to definitely be authentic, but this post prompted me to email them about the suspicious case. They said there was probably a mix-up when it was packed up which is completely possible since I asked them to put sunglass lenses in them. this would have required taking them out of their original packaging and then re-packaging them. they came in a plastic bah with the little cardboard backing thing as every other pair of ndg-1's I've seen has. the box was just curiously incorrect. they have offered to send me the correct case. I think I am a believer now.

anyone want to confirm legit on that site? i've emailed and called them with no reply/answer from either. i'm planning on pulling the trigger one way or another on these as they're the first frames i've been feeling in a few months of looking for new ones.