Best chino's/khaki colored pants

Guest crazy4kix

Yeah, that does seem to be the general consensus regarding Acne. I wouldn't have paid full price for them, but as they were on sale I thought I'd give them a try. If they fit well I'd be willing to tolerate the probably mediocre quality as I find it difficult to find trousers/chinos that don't look like two windsocks fluttering about my rather gaunt looking frame. If worst comes to worst I can always send them back.

I have the same problem. Outside of denim, pants don't fit. In fact, the only denim that's ever really fit well were the JR Hobokens and Nudie Finns.

Though, Our Legacy works on my type. I really don't think our body types are all that uncommon unless most men are walking around with redwood trees for legs and we just haven't noticed. It seems to be that these supermen are who they make chinos and khakis for.

true, if you are just bones, go with the mjk

And what I don't get is - he basically sells out of these chinos stat, but hasn't done a second run since for slightly less skinny dude who wear a 30...haven't been in stocky for oh....forever

also: acne is wayyy overpriced for what they're offering. I have a pair of their Max Cash's and it's basically Samurai+ price for Nudie quality jeans. I just think the exchange rate is the reason why it's super expensive for no reason.

And what I don't get is - he basically sells out of these chinos stat, but hasn't done a second run since for slightly less skinny dude who wear a 30...haven't been in stocky for oh....forever

also: acne is wayyy overpriced for what they're offering. I have a pair of their Max Cash's and it's basically Samurai+ price for Nudie quality jeans. I just think the exchange rate is the reason why it's super expensive for no reason.

I see a lot of people shitting all over nudies. I'm very satisfied with the nudies that i've worn and i think that the quality is great and they're priced fairly. is this because nudie became popular or what?

Well I got those Acnes today. The fit is, well, ok I suppose. They fit nice and slim in the legs, but I feel the hem is too big (7.75" on a size 29) and it ruins the silhouette. As for the quality, the top button came off when first put them on despite the fact that the fit in the waist was perfect. I'll probably keep them, maybe get them tapered, but I'm glad I got them on sale and not at full price.

Frank X i think the Nudie hate probably because people discovered brands where the clothes are better made at an equal or lower price. Have heard many stories about Nudies not holding up well and falling all apart after less than warranted wear. Nudies feel kinda cheap in person, i dunno...haven't checked for it in a while nor have i ever owned a pair

Then again I have heard the same about APCs, I wear mine pretty roughly even though they haven't faded that much, and have remained intact.

Sounds unacceptable to me. People have been complaining about their price to quality ratio for some time now. How is the fabric quality?

The fabric quality is so-so; a very smooth tight twill, which is neither fantastic nor heinously cheap feeling.

I have rather come around to the fit having worn them a bit, however. I think it just felt a little odd at first having been mostly tapered trousers recently. It's quite refreshing now to have something in a more classic straight slim fit.

Still, at the risk of sounding repetitive, I would never pay the retail price for these things.

Frank X i think the Nudie hate probably because people discovered brands where the clothes are better made at an equal or lower price. Have heard many stories about Nudies not holding up well and falling all apart after less than warranted wear. Nudies feel kinda cheap in person, i dunno...haven't checked for it in a while nor have i ever owned a pair

Then again I have heard the same about APCs, I wear mine pretty roughly even though they haven't faded that much, and have remained intact.

I own a pair of SJDJ, about 1 year close to. Quality is decent, biggest problem if you ask anyone is the crotch area blowing out (Happened to me, which I went and repatched the area). Also own APC NS in black, have not worn much so cannot sum up the difference quite yet.....

On topic, I checked out these: http://shop.acnestudios.com/system/search/product.asp?id=851

Pretty nice, perhaps I need to save up so $$$$$

Anyone know the hem on these?

Well I got those Acnes today. The fit is, well, ok I suppose. They fit nice and slim in the legs, but I feel the hem is too big (7.75" on a size 29) and it ruins the silhouette. As for the quality, the top button came off when first put them on despite the fact that the fit in the waist was perfect. I'll probably keep them, maybe get them tapered, but I'm glad I got them on sale and not at full price.

yeah I hate huge hems on chinos...

I don't have any wide clunky shoes or good boots to wear them with so they never work out for me.

yes, its a high waist. i have these:

817845-rescaledpic-420x630.png

They are sooooooooooooo well made. A nice, heavy wool. Perfect for winter. The rise is somewhat high, yes. Nothing is gayer or lamer than low rise slacks, though. A medium rise is alright but remember, these are meant to be worn with a certain aesthetic that looks perfect with a higher rise. Though traditional in their own right, they look somewhat (and I hate to use this word) avant-garde. There's something quirky about them and not in a nerdy way. If you can pull off high rise, you should invest in these.

• 1 month later...
yes, its a high waist. i have these:

817845-rescaledpic-420x630.png

They are sooooooooooooo well made. A nice, heavy wool. Perfect for winter. The rise is somewhat high, yes. Nothing is gayer or lamer than low rise slacks, though. A medium rise is alright but remember, these are meant to be worn with a certain aesthetic that looks perfect with a higher rise. Though traditional in their own right, they look somewhat (and I hate to use this word) avant-garde. There's something quirky about them and not in a nerdy way. If you can pull off high rise, you should invest in these.

Does it fit true to size or do I have to size up/down?

• 2 weeks later...

looking for some ruggedish olive twill pants. some jumpoffs that would go well w/ outdoors shit like boots. not too sloppy/baggy, but def not "skinny fit". i'm thinking EG??! or something similar to UVC but with a higher waist.. under $175-$200 would be great.