current projects

nairb49

not really a project, i just dont want to take em off. im working on wearing in a pair of old orange tab 505s, im not sure the age but they have a talon 42 zipper, slubby denim, 8 on the top button, just starting to fade on the thighs and back. the indigo is very deep, looks different than modern jeans. i may start starching to get more definition in the creases, but i dont wear them super tight so i may just let them fade naturally. its been about 2 weeks, so ill keep you updated as they progress.

PRPS one wash Selvage: Just got them, only been about a week or so

Dry Slim Jims, 4 months, one wash: Looking really good and fitting awesome

Dry Black SJ's : 5 months, no wash

Levis 501 Premium Rigids (selvage): Six months, one wash. Hardly wear them anymore. I was really dissapointed in the color they turned after the first wash. The fading contrast was good, but the overall color of the jeans is way too blue, too bright, they look funny to me.....Anybody else had this problem?

Fuck....more shit to buy

Quote: was really dissapointed in the color they turned after the first wash. The fading contrast was good, but the overall color of the jeans is way too blue, too bright, they look funny to me.....Anybody else had this problem?

Yeah. I don't like the way they look after washing either... maybe if you wear them for a long time again they go back to normal, or try washing them several times until they're almost white.

Quote:

stfs, 4 months wear so far. the knees are so stretched out now that i look like an idiot wearing them. Im going to pic up a pair of acnes this break

122729105.jpg

122729097.jpg

--- Original message by breakfasteatre on Dec 23, 2005 06:06 PM

knees don't look so bad. if you want to make the knees more normal, wash them in a warm cycle, and then hang dry them.

really, the only thing that will stretch out the knees (too much) is wearing -- and stretching -- them when they're wet.

just added a pair of 5ep

guess this doesn't really count though, they're pre=worn

but will post pics later nonetheless, best pre-market fading i've seen and the quality is also the best i've seen.

mind, i have yet to inspect a pair of studio d'artisans or sugarcanes in person...

nairb49

Quote:

RR Greycast

SS Limited

--- Original message by berent on Dec 20, 2005 07:57 AM

Berent,

I assume that your SS limited are the Svenskas? If so, how are they working out for you? My Svenska project began on Christmas day and before even putting them on, I knew that they would differ drastically from the RRDS I've worked on... namely due to the lack of stiffness.

Also, what sizing guidelines did you follow? I went one size down with the RRDS but went with my true size on the Svenskas since I was advised that they shrink like hell.

I'm mainly wearing my RR Greycasts atm. Only worn my Svenska for like 10 days now.

I bought my RR true to size, found out that I should've gone down to 31.

My Svenska's are a 30, so they fit pretty tight around the waist, but they're stretching nice.

Kinda worried about the shrinkage of the Svenska when they'll shrink alot, since they're already pretty tight.

Quote:

hey berent,

just curious, what stage are your greycasts at?

i have a pair thats 31x32, worn a few days a week for a couple weeks so not much wear. if you're interested let me know, i should start getting rid of some of my pairs and concentrate on a few.

--- Original message by nairb49 on Dec 27, 2005 08:42 PM

They're pretty well worn in. I've worn them for 8 months now, gave them a cold wash in the woolwash program after 7 months.

I'll wear them for another 4 months before I'll wash them for the second time. Just curious about what I can achieve with them.

maybe its my computer monitor, but i have yet to see a pic of the greycasts that doesn't look like the RRDS to me... they all look so dark

wish i had my camera, will have to post up some pics when i get back home

today, will finish tapering my new experiment. never heard of the brand, but they were dry, had white stitching, nice quality and were dirt cheap.

they're going to be my dior-esque jeans, (even though the rise is super high) i've tapered the leg from mid thigh down to a leg opening of 20cm. (i dont think i can physically get my foot through 14, don't know how thomas_highstreet manages some of his!!!icon_smile_big.gif

nairb49

Edited by nairb49 on Dec 28, 2005 at 06:10 AM