Montreal Non-Superclubbing

RedFoxxworth

I'm going to Montreal this weekend and want to know some cool but casual spots to go for dancing and music. I'd like places to go with music along the lines of throwback styel techno, minimal house, or other tasteful electronic shit. I try to avoid xtc fueled superclubs- maybe some lounge type spots where people dance? Oh and any must see restaurants... The Superfuture directory is slacking on Montreal. I might have to take some pics and post some things...

Yeah I was in MTL in June for a bachelor party it was wild. Anyway ST. Laurent is a good street to find things to do. I enjoyed Globe restaurant on St. Laurent, the food is real good and it turns in to a drinking/dancing spot around midnight after the dinner crowd heads out. Buenno note across the street is nice for drinking/dancing too I think Globe and Buenno are owned by the same ppl.

I'm also heading up there this weekend. St. Laurent is very commercial especially Tokyo Bar. Check out Salon Dome on Mont Royal and St. Denis. If you want to findout some good parties with soulful music checkout Inbeat records on St. Laurent and pickup some flyers. Shop mainly focuses on house and soulful music. Ask the staff as well because they are very informative. Hope this helps.

Ok I went to Stereo after hearing "you have to experience it." WORST CLUB EVER. The music sucked (I guess that's the DJ's fault, not the clubs), the "best soundsystem in the world" didn't do much for me, the club was gross, the people were unattractive and on top of that over half the people there were shirtless gay robots doing the same 2 step dance and staring at me the whole time. GROSS. I want to puke. Go to Circus for afterhours. Stereo is the worst place ever.

who told you to go to stereo? i hope you're not referring to me. as you can see from my post i just mentioned the name and immeidately said i wasn't sure what was good these days. sorry you had a bad time.

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"

Nobody here told me to go to Stereo, but like half the people I talked to in Montreal told me to go. I can't beleive it won so many best club awards. I guess after hours spots are uber gay drug dens more often than not anyways. Next time I'll know whats up I guess. What's Jupiter Room? We ended up at some hipster rock night at this place Saphir on Friday. It was fun but no hot girls really. I must have just been really unlucky cause we didn't really see a cool crowd anywhere we went...