Custom made jeans? where to get em? Just saw them for Earnest Sewn.

Sauce

i'm sitting on myu bed watching TV MSNBC and saw a report on custom made jeans @ Earnest Sewn in NYC. While it is not compeltely custom, it still looks coool - i wonder how much money it is. You pick jean shape, size, material (wash), lining and rivets.

Anyway, does anyone else make decent custom jeans?

Thanks.

Edited by Sauce on Nov 28, 2005 at 02:10 AM

I saw them yesterday too. Walking around in Selfridges

U get to pick your pockets, buttons, denim, thread colour (all the standard shit u'd expect) and they measure u and send it to NYC, so the prices i saw are probably a bit higher

But japanese selvedge is 420 pounds.

dont go there dude.

As well as 45rpm & Earnest Sewn, there's quite a few companies that do custom made jeans, including one company, Mejeans, that plugged itself on here a while back....

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=5814

Others include Bodymetrics, IC3D, UJeans...I think I've even seen such a service offered on Ebay. Most of the time, the jeans don't look as good as many jeans you can buy off-the-peg.

Personally, I don't look for, or expect a pair of jeans to fit like a bespoke tailored jacket. Jeans are one of those products, IMO, that look good when mass produced. Tailor-made jeans, particularly if they don't use chainstitched yokes, waistbands, hems etc often look not quite right, too neat-and-tidy.