nike bespoke

NESK

also, you can pick from models that arent on the nikeid website. the af1 being hte main reason its gonna blow up. as far as i know, theyve never had a program like this for that shoe. this takes the customability out of the running/jogging genre and into the sneakerhead market. itll be pretty crazy when they start going into better models.

i think i might pay 8 bills for a pair of shoes i actually sat down at a desinging table and thought out myself. id be inersted to see if you can tweak the patterns for a shoe as well. id allows you to pick your own colours and get somethign custom stitched on the ankle, but if you could actually modify the designs slightly, that would be something really special.

i also like the idea of reversing the design process for a premium price. its kinda fucked up since youre essentially paying extra to do the work for them, but its an interesting concept that if goes sucessfully might encourage further and cheaper advancements/alternatives.

i like everything about it.

Wait-

People who would pay 800 dollars for a shoe that:

a) cannot be resoled

B) is useless in any fashionable/high-end setting

c) will more than likely be dirty and beat-up after about 12 month of actual wear

d) is laughed at by anyone over the age of 30 with a decent salary?

What. the. FUCK.

youre kinda dumb.

I'm actually quite serious. I understand that people in other threads throw $800+ at Lahvinz, but I'm still a bit curious why you would tank 800+ on sneaks, when you can get NDCs, Butteros, and for a little more, gorgeous Carpe Diems.

I suppose it goes for aesthetic, but could you care to explain more why? I guess I can just conclude with a single word: sneakerhead.

im an ex sneakerhead and this might be the only thing that would pull me back in.

a reversed production model that allows the consumer more control over the shoe; the implications are incredible.

the price is high, but arguing over consumption choices on superfuture is superfluous. youve already justified the price on brands you feel are worth it, so why would go and judge anyone elses choices? its not about aesthetics, its about not being an asshole.

Yeah, that's what i figured. And this:

a reversed production model that allows the consumer more control over the shoe; the implications are incredible.

Is what I was looking for. Sorry for coming off rather self-righteous.

I'm actually quite serious. I understand that people in other threads throw $800+ at Lahvinz, but I'm still a bit curious why you would tank 800+ on sneaks, when you can get NDCs, Butteros, and for a little more, gorgeous Carpe Diems.

I suppose it goes for aesthetic, but could you care to explain more why? I guess I can just conclude with a single word: sneakerhead.

with you on this. i have my love for sneakers but that stops when its appraoching 4 figure prices.

fair enough. i get that you consider other brands as premium over nike, i could never argue against it. but which other deisgn houses are inviting you into the studio to tweak the shoes youll end up wearing to your own specific preferences.

if nike hadnt taken some serious risk to elevate the sneaker to a high fashion commodity (albeit through a lower than desirable market[streetwear/sneakerhead]), which other companys would have the balls to charge what they do for a pair of shoes?

if nike wants to reverse the design process, i say allow it and watch everyone else follow suit. if it doesnt happen, all you did was end up with the creamiest pair of kicks you could ever get your hands on. if it does, your feet are about to be happier than youve ever imagined.

like it or not, sneakers are a gateway drug into fashion fetishism. superfuture is testament to that, if nothing else. when something like this comes along, you could sneeze at it because it no longer represents your matured interests or you feel its below your aesthetic. still, the ramifications of this kind of idea has infinite potential to allow you to involve yourself further in a culture you care about if your daft enough to be online criticising the topic in the first place.

Ive always wanted to design my own pair of AM90s and I appreciate that you would be getting a pair of totally unique custom sneakers, but I still think $800 is a bit steep. Maybe it would work if you could store a template and then have more pairs made in the future for a more reasonable price, like what some of the northampton shoe makers or saville row tailors do.

fair enough. i get that you consider other brands as premium over nike, i could never argue against it. but which other deisgn houses are inviting you into the studio to tweak the shoes youll end up wearing to your own specific preferences.

For about 400-600 more bones than Nike's asking, I could have any number of European houses make fully bespoke leather shoes. I think that argument is moot.

if nike hadnt taken some serious risk to elevate the sneaker to a high fashion commodity (albeit through a lower than desirable market[streetwear/sneakerhead]), which other companys would have the balls to charge what they do for a pair of shoes?

if nike wants to reverse the design process, i say allow it and watch everyone else follow suit. if it doesnt happen, all you did was end up with the creamiest pair of kicks you could ever get your hands on. if it does, your feet are about to be happier than youve ever imagined.

Eh.

like it or not, sneakers are a gateway drug into fashion fetishism. superfuture is testament to that, if nothing else. when something like this comes along, you could sneeze at it because it no longer represents your matured interests or you feel its below your aesthetic.

Sneakers have their place in time, but leather shoes are forever.
still, the ramifications of this kind of idea has infinite potential to allow you to involve yourself further in a culture you care about if your daft enough to be online criticising the topic in the first place.
What exactly does this mean? If I'm understanding you, you say that paying huge prices for overpriced sneakers == taste? If that's your premise, I humbly ask you to visit hypebeast and still agree.

Ultimately though, it's your decision, and I can't fault you for spending money on a hobby you like.

what i meant with that last piece that you quoted is that since nike has been known to set precedent in this market, other brands/line might do somethign similar if the programs suceeds. and since everyone on this forum (or hypebeast but ive never been) is into fashion, the implications of this idea are infinite so its not something you should be dissmissive about. if you dont want to pay $800 on nikes, i feel you. but the market is there and if it proves to be big enough, you, the consumer, might get alot more input on the products and brands you support and wear.

and the leather shoes vs sneaker comparison simply doesnt work for me. i understand that a good pair of leather shoes are forever. i dont think you appreciate the value some kids put on sneakers. even if you dont agree youd be silly to not acknowledge that it can be absurd how much kids will pay. im not gonna try to justify it and i wont try to argue against the kind of footwear you like. i hope we can just agree that both styles have an equally obsessive following.