Vintage Cars

Vitamian

I hate modern cars. I hate their design--or lack of it--their pregnant steering wheels, and the stupidly reliable feeling you get driving a modern car. I don't like their electronics and bulbous looks.

It's only about the vintage, whether a Fiat or a Maserati to a Mercedes-Benz and Studebaker, vintage cars are the best.

Aside from that small rant, does anyone drive cars or does everyone ride a bicycle? I saw some old auto-related threads but they were all insufficent.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a '74 tii... black with tan interior. that thing was a fucking blast but was a money pit that i couldn't handle while in school.

my friend had this inca orange fully restored banger that he ended up selling for $11,000. if you know 2002s at all, that is a fucking mint for one.

As I understand it, the tiis had a Kugelfischer FI pump which can apparently only be serviced by one place in the SF Bay Area.

Either way, I love those vintage colorways on the 2002s, such as Inca Orange or some Lime tone. It seems to me that values on those cars have gone up, though.

the inca orange was indeed tasty.

when i bought mine you could usually find a solid one in the 3-5000 range with fixers down to 800 bucks.

The tii's had the Kugelfischer injection, but i don't see why it has to be serviced any specific place. I never had any problems with the fuel system, so I didn't mess with it. They're apparently a bitch to mess with, so maybe that's why.

That reminds me I need to watch the China Syndrome again to see that sick chase scene with Jack Lemon hauling ass in that maroon 02.

When I had to get a car again toward the end of school, I bought and rebuilt a '86 Mercedes 190e for like $400. That thing was a fucking blast to drive and easy to take apart. If I ever leave nyc, I'll be tracking down a 16v to race.

I think the only problem with those Kugelfischers is when they needed to be rebuilt; and since the company closed, only S.F.'s Pacific Fuel Injection has most of the equipment and parts to deal with the old pumps.

One of the fastest Mercedes ever was the 300SEL 6.3 or the later 450SEL 6.9. Fortunately, you can still get them rather cheaply although they have that testy suspension system.

i think the dude i rebuilt my car with has a 300SEL 6.3 or something VERY close. Either way, that thing had the biggest fucking engine i've ever seen in a mercedes. he just raced it in some rally across australia. i think this was the front of it, but he has about 30 cars in his backyard so it could be one of many.

mb_art_Joe_Alexander2.jpg

I had a '70 VW Ghia, orange that i dropped to ground level. To this day, no car I've had since has been such a girl magnet.

Now I drive a Passat that has been lowered with sport springs, shocks and big rims. I like the modern features of the Passat ( heater that works, heated leather seats, airbags, real wood trim, built like a tank) but I'm currently on the hunt for another Ghia or possibly a Notchback.

not mine, but it was damn clean and I had to take a picture or 2 of it... one of these images will actually appear in a vintage car postcard set or calendar or something, I forgot...

448594460_89c1779dfa.jpg

448594368_37223e2ff7.jpg

unfortunately I rock the typical modern japanese car (subaru wrx)

alot of my cousins and my uncles though have some nice ones though

69 mustang vert

restored OG Landcruiser (this thing is DOPE)

i think someone has a stingray in a garage somewhere..

i want bmw 2002, impossible to find one that isnt completely rusted out here in the tristate though..

AYN - Is that a 68' Stingray by any chance?

My mom has an awesome 68'.......

I have no idea, personally I am not really into vettes, but this one was gorgeous... well, I wouldn't mind a C6 Z06 either, dry-sum, finally

i think the dude i rebuilt my car with has a 300SEL 6.3 or something VERY close. Either way, that thing had the biggest fucking engine i've ever seen in a mercedes. he just raced it in some rally across australia. i think this was the front of it, but he has about 30 cars in his backyard so it could be one of many.

mb_art_Joe_Alexander2.jpg

The Benz 300SEL 6.3 had the huge V8 6.3 engine from the 600 limousine. The car was actually the pet project of the chief engineer,Erich Waxenberger.

It was known as the world's fastest sedan; and even today it can hold its own against modern sportscars, etc. and with an automatic to boot.

I'm not a fan of most modern cars but have a love for American muscle cars, SUVs (Range Rover) and the Bugatti Veyron.

I currently drive a Honda CRV '05.

Fast cars interest me but whenever I drive one, I have a tendency to run at idiotic speeds on them.