Chocolate Connoisseurs - SuperCacao

kiya

I've been picked to be one of the judges for the San Francisco Chocolate Salon contest, the judging is happening tonight.

I have to taste 48 different entries and write notes/ratings on each one, i'm not sure i can actually make it to 48, that's quite insane. Four hours straight of eating and writing about chocolate..

Regardless, anybody in the Bay Area should make it out to the event if you're really into chocolate, it's in a couple of weeks:

http://www.sfchocolatesalon.com/

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made some chocolate peanut butter cups..

One layer of dark 72% then homemade peanut butter then 62% milk then cocoa butter cream nuggets.

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

Any places dense with next-level chocolate knowledge on the web...the kind of place where one can surf for hours and learn a whole lot in one sitting? The things and manners in which I have learned about coffee since I have last visited this thread make me think I may have more of the language and conceptual understanding to really engage in chocolate knowledge nerd-outs.

http://cacaolab.wordpress.com/

check out the interviews, good insights

• 6 months later...

From the most sought after bean in the world, just broke up maybe the rarest bar i've ever had.

web-3.jpg

• 4 years later...

bumping this thread. 

any cacao heads in australia (specificaly melbourne) know where i can get some 90% dark chocholate? 

at the moment i've just been devouring these lindts (when on sale, can get for 4$/100g) but would like to explore the world of cacao.