LVC spring range

Paul T

Only had the chance for a very quick look. But the new range includes a 1933 501, in rigid and distressed, which looks good; a 1930s 201 (nice fabric, but the back pocket looks wrong, both shape and arcuate look strange, and the arcuate is of a later design) and a 1955 501 (which I haven't seen, but it's a nice jean). Cinch in London have the 1930s 501 and 201 in stock now.

I notice Cinch also have pulled out stock of their 1901 jean, probably valencia-made, which has some of the nicest raw denim I've seen of recent LVC - very dark, wears beautifully.

Wow - already they have the spring LVC line-up out, and I was never able to successfully get any of the fall/winter stuff!

I've been trying to get the 1947 from the Levi's Store in SanFran, and they haven't been able to get any real stock in. Very disapointing.

Any follow-up on the 1947 deadstock availabilty, Paul?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Cissell

Quote:

Only had the chance for a very quick look. But the new range includes a 1933 501, in rigid and distressed, which looks good; a 1930s 201 (nice fabric, but the back pocket looks wrong, both shape and arcuate look strange, and the arcuate is of a later design) and a 1955 501 (which I haven't seen, but it's a nice jean). Cinch in London have the 1930s 501 and 201 in stock now.

I notice Cinch also have pulled out stock of their 1901 jean, probably valencia-made, which has some of the nicest raw denim I've seen of recent LVC - very dark, wears beautifully.

--- Original message by Paul T on Nov 11, 2005 12:27 PM

are you sure these are valencia-made 501s? stamped '555' on the button? that's the best way to tell.

also, any non-denim pieces from this spring?

Yes, they're Valcnia-made, from 2003 before they closed the factory, probably just stock left in odd sizes. There was a nice tan 50s leather jacket, a good Western shirt, wide range of tees, certainly a more impressive range than spring/fall 2005. More details later if I get them...