Balenciaga S/S 09

junglejane

Yesssssss!

Thanks you so much for posting!

I love nicolas Ghesquiere's work. Fuckin amazing.

The details, silhouettes, the perfect chic modernist futurism of it all. Just wow.

I'm a guy but I ALWAYS watch out for balenciaga. It's just mind blowing. He doesn't disappoint.

Despite the abundance of futurism and Pilati's brilliant execution of the theme for F/W, Ghesquiere is always a delight. The color palette started a bit dull for my tastes, but the variety of silhouettes and shapes is really quite nice. And the mens' stuff, while not a huge leap forward, is still really nice.

There is such a disparity between Balenciaga women's and men's. The women's is fucking amazing, Ghesquière has gone from strength to strength over the last few seasons from the minimalist riding hats and capes, to the unbelievable shoes, to those incredible florals, but the men's is so blah and uninspired (they don't even carry it in most Balenciaga stores), although they occasionally make a good pair of high-tops. I wish the men's would reflect the women's more, not in terms of looking like it but in terms of the creativity put into it because at the moment it's just a shitty add on.

This collection is kind of ugly, but like ugly amazing.

Guest binaural
There is such a disparity between Balenciaga women's and men's. The women's is fucking amazing, Ghesquière has gone from strength to strength over the last few seasons from the minimalist riding hats and capes, to the unbelievable shoes, to those incredible florals, but the men's is so blah and uninspired (they don't even carry it in most Balenciaga stores), although they occasionally make a good pair of high-tops. I wish the men's would reflect the women's more, not in terms of looking like it but in terms of the creativity put into it because at the moment it's just a shitty add on.

i agree, i like the women's a lot better. men's is good too, but not as good in my opinion

no, its just ugly. Completely soulless trash; only intensified by the fact that the models look undead. And im sure it got rave reviews........ :rolleyes: