APC question...what are the implications of the SEAWATER RINSE?

T A M A D

I was thinking about giving my 6 month old, unwashed APC Rescues the seawater rinse recipe as detailed on the card that came with it. I was wondering what the wash will do to the jeans...

Namely, will the wash 'set' the wear marks? That is, will I still be able to get wear after they've been given the wash? Should I do the wash at all only 6 months in?

I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments from anyone with experience with this method. Thanks!

"Without love the acquisition of knowledge only increases confusion and leads to self-destruction..." ~ J.Krishnamurti

dont wash until you see signs of fading already in the prewash state.

ive never tried the seawater recipe but im guessing if your using seawater, adn thsi is the winter that you would be getting a very cold wash.

if your initial wash is a cold one 30 and below then dont expect much in the way of fading, but it will still clean and soften the jeans

chwa?

Go to the pet store and get some sea water solution. Mix up a batch of aquarium sea water and heat it up to whatever tempurature you might machine wash at, 90°F or whatever. Soak them shits in the hot seawater for however long you want. Pull them out, put them on and then rub some sand on your legs (you can get sand at any hardware store.) Then hop in the shower and rinse the sand and salt off. Walk around until they dry.

PRESTO! Seawater wash... WITH high contrast fading.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Quote: Go to the pet store and get some sea water solution. Mix up a batch of aquarium sea water and heat it up to whatever tempurature you might machine wash at, 90°F or whatever. Soak them shits in the hot seawater for however long you want. Pull them out, put them on and then rub some sand on your legs (you can get sand at any hardware store.) Then hop in the shower and rinse the sand and salt off. Walk around until they dry.

Tragic I love you, but logistically that's the most complicated recipe for anything I've ever heard, ever.

welp, as i am not near the ocean, i have not tried then sea rinse. however i was forced into the 'flood' rinse a few weeks back. i can say that after hav ing been soaked by rain, riding my boike through water that was up to my shins, there was no indigo that had rubbed off on my legs when i removed the jeans a few hours later. these are apc ns jeans with approximately 8 months of weRING WITH NO CONTACT OF WATER.

PECULIAR? OR JUST PLAIN TOUGH?

I LIKE LII LIKE!!

what are the implications of the SEAWATER RINSE?

A seawater rinse will be much like a any cold water soak.

You'll lose a little colour.

You'll lose a little starch.

If you let them dry on you, then you'll get them creased up nicely, particularly around the hips and honeycombs.

They may shrink a little, but they also may stretch a little depending on how you wear them.

If you rub them with sand or pebbles, then you'll get fading from the abrasion.

You'll smell of the sea.

There's a bit about sea washing on the Atelier La Durance site:

http://www.atelierladurance.com/pages/atelier.html

they don't dye the inside of the jeans so why would you legs be blue?

If you look at the inside of a pair of jeans you'll see plenty of blue threads where the warp and weft cross. So there's plenty of opportunity for a dry pair of jeans to turn your legs, underwear, sneakers etc blue.